Corsair CH60 mounting "down" okay?

soulmatrix

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
Hello,

Just bought a Corsair CH60. I am looking to also buy a Raven RV02 Case, which has the exhaust fan mounted to the top.

My question concerns whether it is okay or not to mount the Corsair CH60 radiator facing "down" because it attaches to the exhaust fan?

Typically it faces "up" because it is attached to a rear mounted exhaust fan.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
well are you going to have the air blowing into the case or acting as an exhaust fan as well on the raven?

the latter will give a lil high temps but is ok, if you have the former then the case internals temps will rise as well.

I own an H50 that I've modded - i could link the gallery to youif you want. Having the H50 on top looks nice and clean but i get slight 1~2 C higher temps cos of the heat from other parts go through the rad.

my 2 cents.

soulmatrix

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
lutfij,

Good point. I was going to use the exhaust fan as it should be used, but just attach the radiator to it. The case looks to have good top venting. With the three 180mm fans on the bottom pushing through the top, hopefully, the cooling will be easier. Does it matter where the radiator is placed? It looks like you could place it very close to the bottom in close proximity to one of the 180mm intake fans.

Lutfij

Titan
well just make sure the pipes aren't under stress as the tubing can either give way due to pressure - although durable we don;t want to puch the capabilities with material in a closed WC loop.

But having the rad work as an intake will give a slight lower temps for cpu but increase case temps - e.g; gpu ram hdd mobo.

I did that and i know :) go to this link and you'll see my rig - http://s908.photobucket.com/albums/ac288/Lutfij/Rig%201/ all fans are set to exhaust btw