Sapphire 6950 vs asus 6950

All things being equal, I'd go with the ASUS simply because of this:

ASUS offers a 3-year warranty versus Sapphire's 2-year warranty on this card.

I've never owned Sapphire anything, though some people seem to like their products. Sapphire once offered limited lifetime warranties on their video cards, but apparently they don't with the 6950 cards.

I've owned many ASUS products (motherboards and the laptop on which I am typing this response) and have never had to call their support team about any of their products. From my own personal experience with ASUS, I would say that's another argument in the ASUS direction.

I say go with the ASUS.

ndsouz

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
If your looking for the 1gb 6950 .. Sapphire will be way better as they have a half open shroud with copper heat pipes and a big fan right in the middle just over the GPU... so cooling will be a big advantage over Asus's closed shroud card with the heatsink over GBP and a blower fan at the end of the card.

I know this personally as closed shroud cards not only more hot, its not possible to clean the dust inside without opening the shroud and breaking off the warranty seal. Another problem with closed shroud card which i personally faced is that the fan is inside the shroud and if it gets dislocated the fins will start touching the shroud make big noise and eventually the fan will stop working. I had to get the card replaced for this reason.

That's why to me its of utmost importance that i only go for the card which does not have closed shroud and fan placement.

Sapphire and also MSI twin frozr card models are the best.

TRENDING THREADS