Ga-z68xp-ud3 motherboard: can't access raid config utility

mdanderson42

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
Im trying to set up a RAID 1 array on a fresh build and I cant get The RAID config utility to come up.

The build.

ga-z68xp-ud3 MOBO
Intel i5 2550K 3.4G processer
16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance (4 x4) ram
2x OCZ 64gig sata III ssd drives (these are attached to sata 0/1 on the board)(desired OS raid 1)
1 tb sata 3 Seagate Barracuda (data drive)

When i start up, everything starts fine, I can get to and modify the bios as instructed by the manual to set up the raid, Exit out as directed, and when it reboots no matter how much I spam "Ctrl + i" to set up the raid config utility, it goes to straight to trying to boot the OS (which hasnt been installed yet).

Any help in getting this started would be appreicated.

Thanks,

m.

mdanderson42

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012

Thanks for the quick response and help.

This is my first raid build, so forgive my ignorance. Im a media guy, and had an IT buddy part me out a box.

My hardware is set up exactly how you describe, and have followed the manuals instructions multiple times to the same effect.

If I am understanding wikipedia correcty, the issue is with trying to raid the 2 ssd drives. I was really wanting the redundancy of RAID 1 with all of the contract work I've been doing lately, but such is life.

So, if that is indeed the case, I guess my next question would be is it worth it for me to mess around with using the second ssd on msata port on the board? or will i run into the same issues?

Thanks again.

M.

G

I am currently having the same issue but with two regular sata hd's. The option to hit "Ctrl + i" just won't come up. I did set the BIOS to RAID as per the manual.

Ideas please.

TIA
Swifty

The setup for RAID1/0 should be very similar (didn't realize I mentioned RAID 0 instead of RAID 1.)

However i have no idea why you can't access the RAID controller. Maybe your next best bet is to contact Gigabyte.

Also RAID 1 should not be considered redundant and full proof. You should always keep backups on at least 2 different types of media (USB key and DVD?).

One more thing...didn't realize this was from 3 months ago (this must have been one of the threads I accidentally closed then couldn't find again), i'm sure by now you already figured it out