Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need help choosing a Motherboard..

Last response: in Systems
April 11, 2011 11:30:59 PM

Hey everyone I need help choosing a motherboard, I originally wanted the ASUS M4A79T DELUXE MOBO, but everybody is sold out online. And the stores that do have them want to much and I never heard of them sites very skeptical. But since everyone is basically sold out of it. I want a mobo that is next in line to it. (similar) Asus,Gigabite,Etc. I need something really good like that asus mobo. I'm not trying to pay over $160.00.

My items i have already is

Corsair TW3X4G1333C9A G XMS3 MEMORY, 2 X 2GB DDR3

AMD X4 955 BE PROCESSOR.

asus black sata 24x optical drive

xfx radeon hd 5770 1gb gddr5 video card.

samsung syncmaster BX2231 monitor

lg bh10ls30 super ulti blue optical drive

Antec KÜHLER H20 620 liquid cooler

WD CAVIAR BLACK 1TB HARD DRIVE

silverstone st75f 750w psu

lancool pc-k62 Mid tower case

I do plan to o.c also. Another thing is I need the Operating System Windows 7 Home Edition. But don't know which one I should get As this will be my first ever build they have retail version and OEM version which is cheaper but has no customer support. Why would I need support if its just a cd that does everything for you. If thats the case, I don't know can some one also help with that also.

thanks.

More about : choosing motherboard

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
April 11, 2011 11:38:28 PM

I'd suggest the ASRock 870 Extreme 3 motherboard.

I'd also suggest sticking with air cooling (Get a Thermaltake Frio at $58, cheaper than the Antec, in stock, and a top 5 heatsink)

you also need only a XFX 550W ($69.99)

with the money saved, get an HD6850
April 11, 2011 11:45:47 PM

ScrewySqrl said:
I'd suggest the ASRock 870 Extreme 3 motherboard.

I'd also suggest sticking with air cooling (Get a Thermaltake Frio at $58, cheaper than the Antec, in stock, and a top 5 heatsink)

you also need only a XFX 550W ($69.99)

with the money saved, get an HD6850

To late these are items I already have I just need the motherboard now. I was looking at the 4 but reviews on it from other buyers had so many problems with it crashing and etc after 2weeks. thats a problem i don't need. And whats wrong with liquid cooling I think it would be better than air. And i only stick with well known companies for PSU XFX should just stay with making video cards. I would never go cheap on psu if i want my rig to operate good. I went 750 because i might go dual later down the line.
April 13, 2011 9:42:37 PM

Best answer selected by movieinc1.
!