Sign in with
Your question

Wireless headphones need amp?

Last response: in Components
July 13, 2011 3:31:06 PM

i have a question about amps for wireless headphones.

i recently purchased the Sennheiser HD 130 wireless headphones and want to get the best possible sound quality. do i need an amp or sound card to do this? any help would be appreciated! thanks

the motherboard it is plugged into is a gigabyte p55 ud3 board so i dont have a dedicated sound card
July 13, 2011 8:40:30 PM

first thing is thats a wirless headset - so all the sound processing is done via a tiny receiver on your headset. Best possible experience? since the headset is not directly hardwired to the soundcard - or any devices - then the wireless receiver is doing it all , and by that it aint doing a good enough job. Get a pair of astro gaming headsets or a pair of tritton ax headset - will plug into any soundcard off of a mobo backpanel or front panel of a case.
m
l
July 13, 2011 9:29:08 PM

Erm... Well, no, it won't matter much how clean and crisp the signal going to the base station is (or whever it transmits from) because the headphones will have, essentially, an onboard sound chip and that's going to be the weakest link.

I like Sennheiser but I don't have a clue about the quality of those HD 130s. I'm using Sennheiser PC 350s myself and they're amazing, but they need a sound card.
m
l
!