Need Help Deciding What To Do Next

ZxinFrenzy

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
My current computer:

Intel Core i7-950 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
EVGA GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) 012-P3-1470-AR Video Card
GIGABYTE GA-X58-USB3 ATX Intel Motherboard
CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
XFX Black Edition P1-750B-CAG9 750W Power Supply
Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model AD-7260S-0B
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Blue RC-932-KKN3-GP Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window
2x Hanns•G HZ201HPB Black 20" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor Built-in Speakers
RAZER DeathAdder Black Wired Precision Optical Gaming Mouse - 3.5G Infrared Sensor
RAZER Lycosa Black USB Wired Gaming Keyboard

Now my question is... What do I do next?
I was thinking of getting a 2nd Gtx 470 to go SLI and "try" stopping the massively high temperature on my GPU
or... maybe just getting better cooling so I can just overclock what I currently have?
This is my problem and I am just stuck on what I should do to improve my system next.

jedinegotiator

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Your system is pretty high end and looks as if it can play any games out there max settings. I wouldn't waste anymore money but if your just in the need to buy something I would maybe do an SLI but I am unsure if you would see a big performance boost. Better cooling is always good.

If you really want to see a performance increase get a solid state drive. If you have your OS and a couple games on a SSD you will see a massive increase in the responsiveness and quickness of your computer.

I myself am waiting until they are a little cheaper but if you want a big performance boost this is probably the number one upgrade that you will see a big performance boost with.

ZxinFrenzy

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
Well cool thanks. Ill look into that SSD as I see everyone has one and I have not really looked into them much.
But the main reason that I wanted to get the 2nd 470 was because right now w/ dual monitors the card is running at like 91c full load. (Crysis 2, StarCraft 2) And then say... with just this web browser and a few other minor basic programs the GPU is running 80c. Everyone says this is bad, and I would like to OC my system but would not want to see this temp. go any higher.