Wants something better then an ATI Radeon Xpress 200

theremained

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
I was looking at a few choices. But I am not sure which one I want to get. Peronally I use my computer for alot of video stuff. And Gaming. I was thinking of getting a Asus - NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 1GB DDR2 PCI Express Graphics Card.

The way I am working right now something between 60$ and 100$ is about my price range. Of course I suppose I could save up a months checks and get one better. But I would prefer to change it before the end of next month preferably before the 15th of March.

Other options I looked at were

PNY - GeForce 210 1GB DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 Graphics Card
Sapphire - ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB DDR2 PCI Express Graphics Card
XFX - ATI RADEON HD 4350 1GB DDR2 PCI Express Graphics Card

Other suggestions are welcome.

You need to list the power supply wattage and make sure you have a PCIe slot available. All of those card you listed that you looked at are not good for games. eMachines tend to use cheap components and the Pentium D has a high power need, you may be pretty limited to what video card will work in your system without a power supply upgrade. While the 5670 is a good card, you will probably be stretching your power a bit with it, and it will way overshoot your CPU and RAM power.

You may need to go with a Radeon 4650, unless you have at 300+ watt power supply, then go for a higher card that you can move to a faster system later. You will also need more RAM. Upgrade your RAM to at least 2 gig, or you will see little to no gain in speeds with a new video card. Slower CPU, low RAM, you will have tons of issues with games unless you play something simple like Facebook stuff or 5+ yr old games.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-radeon-hd-6870-geforce-gtx-570,2834.html

Without a power supply upgrade, with a Pentium D chip, for some light gaming, a Radeon 5570 should be OK. I would not go any higher with a 240 watt PSU. Even a 5570 may be pushing things, you may need to get a 5450. 5570 is within your budget though and will be a much faster card. If you have stability issues after you install it, you can upgrade your PSU to a 300 or 400 watter for about $30. Even though a 5570 states a recommended 400 watt power supply, it has a 39 watt max usage which should fall within your specs. But.. get it, see if the system is stable.. if not, get one of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371003

D

Deleted member 362816

400$ can get you somthing nice if you are not in a hurry to get it, just watch sales and get somthing that you know will be decent for the price you can build a nice am2+ computer for 400$ thats with a gts 450 as a graphics card. You will notice a big preformance gain over what you have.