Sign in with
Your question

Gateway LX6810-01 problems

Last response: in Systems
April 12, 2011 5:14:11 AM

Hello,

Ok, so I received this computer with no background info whatsoever. First time I try and turn it on, it turns on but no BIOS. I open the case up and notice that coming from the video card there is a wire labeled "GP" that has mysteriously come ajar from the motherboard. As I investigate closer, the wire splits into two wires (black and white) and the black side is completely dislodged from the white connector. Looking into a few things, I think that wire had something to do with ground or something of that nature? Not entirely sure. So I did a little more research on this computer and found out that it has infamous overheating problems. So I really wanted to see if something else on the computer was bad or not before I took the chance to buy a video card. However, there is no onboard video to try and see if BIOS will load and im pretty sure there is no onboard speaker to hear beeps. I did hook up a speaker and the computer made no audible beeps. So long story short, there could be a plethora of problems wrong with this machine and im wondering where I should start given my description stated above.
November 5, 2011 4:03:52 PM

crankspan2 said:
Hello,

Ok, so I received this computer with no background info whatsoever. First time I try and turn it on, it turns on but no BIOS. I open the case up and notice that coming from the video card there is a wire labeled "GP" that has mysteriously come ajar from the motherboard. As I investigate closer, the wire splits into two wires (black and white) and the black side is completely dislodged from the white connector. Looking into a few things, I think that wire had something to do with ground or something of that nature? Not entirely sure. So I did a little more research on this computer and found out that it has infamous overheating problems. So I really wanted to see if something else on the computer was bad or not before I took the chance to buy a video card. However, there is no onboard video to try and see if BIOS will load and im pretty sure there is no onboard speaker to hear beeps. I did hook up a speaker and the computer made no audible beeps. So long story short, there could be a plethora of problems wrong with this machine and im wondering where I should start given my description stated above.

I own one of these and the wires coming off the video card are the audio leads that supply the HDMI port on the card. Are you still having trouble? Can I be of help? Or by the age of the post have you given up?
m
l
Related resources
November 7, 2011 5:07:25 AM

I'm having the same problem but i havent looked at the video card thing that the original poster had mentioned. The PC was working just fine until out of no where it just stopped working. I have no idea why or whats going on, its the same pc the original poster on here has as well, any ideas?
m
l
November 7, 2011 1:32:53 PM

onaka said:
I'm having the same problem but i havent looked at the video card thing that the original poster had mentioned. The PC was working just fine until out of no where it just stopped working. I have no idea why or whats going on, its the same pc the original poster on here has as well, any ideas?

What is happening? Does it not turn on at all, does it not post or is it not booting Windows?
m
l
November 7, 2011 2:49:28 PM

I actually figured it out last night, its the shitty GT120 card, the wires that go from the card to the board were loose from the heat, pulled everything out and reseeded it and everything came back, thanks for the reply.
m
l
November 7, 2011 8:13:53 PM

Good to hear.
m
l
November 14, 2011 8:43:58 PM

Haha, it has been awhile but I never solved the problem. I sat the tower in a corner and havnt looked at it since. Have you had any problems with yours?
m
l
!