Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Is sound defective Again?

Last response: in Motherboards
March 21, 2012 1:36:42 AM

Than You in advance :) 

I'll try to keep this short , About 2 months ago I built my first computer, but after a couple of days of usage I noticed audio made a crackling noise upon boot up and when playing music. Decided to return motherboard (ASUS P8H61-M LX PLUS) to amazon got another now I have noticed that this motherboard does a crackling noise too when playing music that goes from goes from highs to lows fast.

I have tested audio using speaker plugged into the motherboard and front panel. Tried some headphones too plugged them in the back and front panel, Same result sound crackling. This rather annoys me like hell. Is this normal or was I expecting too much? Also when playing Crysis i get insane sound stuttering and crackling to the point where I can't play the game (I have a evga gtx 460 1gb SC).

So my question is it possible this motherboard is defective too?

Return date for motherboard is 31st march should I return it?

If I do return it what motherboard which one should I get? I'm Willing to pay double (up to 130 dlls) for a motherboard that won't give me crap like this one.

This is the motherboard

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8H6...

More about : sound defective

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
March 21, 2012 1:40:07 AM

Why don't you just buy an extra sound card .....and disable the on board one....if you willing to pay double..
March 21, 2012 1:44:28 AM

sonexpc said:
Why don't you just buy an extra sound card .....and disable the on board one....if you willing to pay double..

Because I can still return this motherboard and get a refund (75 dlls) and just add 50 dlls more and get another mobo. A pci e 1x card will set me back 75-90 dlls and mobo costed me 75 dlls doesn't seem right to me :/ 
Score
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
March 21, 2012 1:55:21 AM

For me I don't think is hardware issue...expecially you have two in a row.. I didn't use that MB but I use a lot of P8H61-M LE /CSM ( Over 50 Pieces every month)
And never have this kind of issue...they use same audio chip... i cannot say is 100% not hardware... But last time when you have problem... when you get the new MB do you do a fresh installation ... or just use the OS without reinstall and the problem gone right away...

If you do fresh installation and the problem gone... I may think is software... you can try to do a clean installation again...

If you replace the board and the problem gone... then that looks is hardware..
Score
March 21, 2012 2:05:42 AM

sonexpc said:
For me I don't think is hardware issue...expecially you have two in a row.. I didn't use that MB but I use a lot of P8H61-M LE /CSM ( Over 50 Pieces every month)
And never have this kind of issue...they use same audio chip... i cannot say is 100% not hardware... But last time when you have problem... when you get the new MB do you do a fresh installation ... or just use the OS without reinstall and the problem gone right away...

If you do fresh installation and the problem gone... I may think is software... you can try to do a clean installation again...

I installed a fresh copy of win 7 oem when I first built this pc, but not when I replaced motherboard. I will format my pc and install win 7 again and see what happens. I will keep you posted , thanks for suggesting it. Never thought about it.
Score
March 21, 2012 3:02:02 AM

sonexpc said:

Uninstalled audio drivers allowed window 7 to install theirs sound problem still there, formatted no updates applied with only audio drivers installed sound problem still there. Looks like im gonna rma.
Score
March 30, 2012 1:48:53 AM

Best answer selected by Plasmid.
Score
a c 328 V Motherboard
March 30, 2012 5:58:26 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!