Troubling getting windows 7 to see sata HD

j7style

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
Hello,
I can't seem for the life of my to get windows to see my hard drive. Its been 10 years since I've done a ground up build and everything was going fine until trying to install windows. Bios sees my ram, cpu, dvd drive and hard drive with no problem. Windows can use the dvd drive even though its sata, but i just don't get why its not seeing my hard drive.

I've looked all over the internet and different forums. I've tried loading windows in raid mode, achi, and ide. In achi and raid, I've read that I need to hit f6 and load the sata drivers from a usb or disk that I downloaded before hand. I've done this and it looks like it is loading the drivers, but after it still cannot see my hard drive. I've also tried every sata port on my mobo. I'm simply lost, and starting to wish I just paid extra and bought a premade system.

Very frustrated at this point.

System info.
GA-Z68XP-UD3 mobo, WD caviar black 1tb HD, I5 2500k, 8 gigs corsair vengeance ram (rated for 1600 but set at 1333 for now) samsung dvd drive, 750W psu.

As Jimmy "V" said, don't give up...Never give up. Someone will be along to help you.