Gigabyte Mother Board Issue

lscobieking

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Hello,
I do not know if anyone has encounted this problem as yet. My Motherboard: Gigabyte:G41M-COMBO, S-series.
For the past year I have had this computer running day and night experiencing hot and humid temperatures in side my apartment. Recently it would suddenly reset and boot again.- Thought is was over heating, made changes to suit. It would then run as normal then blank out and I am still hearing the cpu fan and extrator fan running. When I power it up now that all I am getting even after I did isolation cheques, I have one more cheque to make which is memory. But so far no Bios Boot only led checks to a point and fans running. I await you prognosys

ngrego

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
I have seen this before on a Gigabyte G41 Mobo, in my case it was a bad CPU. Your CPU may have been damaged because of the heat.
Did you have the Thermal monitor enabled in BIOS?
Have you tried Clearing CMOS?

lscobieking

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Ok so it seems a clear case of overheating. Cause now it would start run as normal then in an hour or less its attempting to reboot. It am considering the suggestion of changing the case and upgrading the power supply. I am also considering the Thermal moinitor and a further cooling systems for this machine, given that it is not situated in an aircondition room. But by the way please remind me how you clear the CMOS again!

ngrego

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Check your mobo user manual to find the cmos pins and cmos reset procedure. Basically you need to shut down remove power cables and short the two cmos pins with a jumper for a few seconds. Then remove jumper and restart machine. But the process is not the same for all mobos, some have two pins, some have three and some even have a switch.

lscobieking

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

Did the Checks and it boiled down to changing my computer case with has a better cooling system. So far so good. It ran all night comfortably. So I it had to be a the last case losing its cooling capability