Can I reset an Armada BIOS password?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
April 27, 2005 10:35:55 PM

Got an 1130T at the Goodwill for $8, but unless I can get by the
powerup password, I am out out $8.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks!
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 28, 2005 10:01:11 AM

Remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes, as well as the system
battery. Replace and the password should be gone. (You'll have to reset
the time and date.)
Good info on this here:
http://www.tertullian.org/rpearse/armada/

NewarkShark wrote:
> Got an 1130T at the Goodwill for $8, but unless I can get by the
> powerup password, I am out out $8.
>
> Is there anything I can do?
>
> Thanks!

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 30, 2005 9:59:07 AM

Did that, it's more serious. Can't get past the prompt for PW....

Airman Thunderbird wrote:
> Remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes, as well as the system
> battery. Replace and the password should be gone. (You'll have to
reset
> the time and date.)
> Good info on this here:
> http://www.tertullian.org/rpearse/armada/
>
> NewarkShark wrote:
> > Got an 1130T at the Goodwill for $8, but unless I can get by the
> > powerup password, I am out out $8.
> >
> > Is there anything I can do?
> >
> > Thanks!

a b D Laptop
April 30, 2005 12:25:07 PM

NewarkShark wrote:

> Did that, it's more serious. Can't get past the prompt for PW....

If it's a hard drive password, you're SOL.

They *cannot* be broken or bypassed.

Notan
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 30, 2005 11:51:33 PM

Notan wrote:
> NewarkShark wrote:
>>
>> Did that, it's more serious. Can't get past the prompt for PW....
>
> If it's a hard drive password, you're SOL.
>
> They *cannot* be broken or bypassed.

Incorrect. $85 plus P&H will remove it.

http://www.nortek.on.ca/

Regards,