Computer randomly shut down and wont turn on

baybiz85

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
So I was playing a game, nothing out of the norm, and all of a sudden my computer shuts down and I'm pretty sure my temps were fine since in the few months I've had this rig they never have been an issue. I then tried to turn my rig back on but no response from the power button. I have everything plugged into a power strip and everything else on the strip is still working. I tried turning off the PSU and unplugging everything then reassembling and powering on but it seemed to power up for a brief second then nothing. I have been running my rig quite a bit over the few months I've had it but never any signs of problems (I did have reg issues when I first got it but I performed a reg cleaning and everything was fine). The only thing I can think of is a possible PSU problem, but the PSU I got is pretty good so I don't know. I'm listing my rig components but if you need any more info please tell me, I need help figuring out the problem and getting it fixed with low cost. This is all just unbelievable to me right now...

Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor (4x 3.30GHz/6MB L3 Cache)

Processor Cooling Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (Intel) - Enermax Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)

8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory V Color

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB - EVGA Superclocked - Core: 900MHz - Single Card

ASUS Sabertooth P67

Corsair CMPSU-850AX

Western Digital 2 TB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s

Solution
I would rma the power supply to corsair and use another pc for awhile. Check your asetek for leaks in case some coolant dripped on your board.

baybiz85

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
oh man i didnt even think of that, thank you! You think my other hardware has a high chance of being fried or do you think the corsair is good enough to save the other stuff from death?