Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Computer randomly shut down and wont turn on

Last response: in Components
July 14, 2011 3:24:42 AM

So I was playing a game, nothing out of the norm, and all of a sudden my computer shuts down and I'm pretty sure my temps were fine since in the few months I've had this rig they never have been an issue. I then tried to turn my rig back on but no response from the power button. I have everything plugged into a power strip and everything else on the strip is still working. I tried turning off the PSU and unplugging everything then reassembling and powering on but it seemed to power up for a brief second then nothing. I have been running my rig quite a bit over the few months I've had it but never any signs of problems (I did have reg issues when I first got it but I performed a reg cleaning and everything was fine). The only thing I can think of is a possible PSU problem, but the PSU I got is pretty good so I don't know. I'm listing my rig components but if you need any more info please tell me, I need help figuring out the problem and getting it fixed with low cost. This is all just unbelievable to me right now...

Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor (4x 3.30GHz/6MB L3 Cache)

Processor Cooling Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (Intel) - Enermax Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)

8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory V Color

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB - EVGA Superclocked - Core: 900MHz - Single Card

ASUS Sabertooth P67

Corsair CMPSU-850AX

Western Digital 2 TB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
July 14, 2011 12:43:27 PM

I would rma the power supply to corsair and use another pc for awhile. Check your asetek for leaks in case some coolant dripped on your board.
July 15, 2011 6:40:31 AM

oh man i didnt even think of that, thank you! You think my other hardware has a high chance of being fried or do you think the corsair is good enough to save the other stuff from death?
m
l
Related resources
July 15, 2011 8:35:50 AM

Corsair is an excellent PSu. Most probably try check for leaks on your Liquid CPU Cooling System.
m
l
July 15, 2011 11:54:52 PM

so far i cant find any leaks, is there any tell tale signs i can look for? im hoping i just got a corsair dud and can put a new one in to fix everything...
m
l
July 16, 2011 2:55:52 AM

Best answer selected by baybiz85.
m
l
!