Solved

*UPDATE* Which power supply for EVGA nVidia GeForce 9800GT 1gb?

EDIT
After researching my graphics card EVGA nVidia GeForce 9800GT 1gb I was looking for a good power supply for it and my system (HP Pavilion P6130f) and I have found two that looked really good for my price range. the CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2 430W , and the XIGMATEK NRP-PC Series ACXTNRP-PC402 400W. This card claims to need at least 450w, but I have been told that this nice 400w psu is good enough or the 430w. other have said its not enough and I should get another. I want to make 100% certain.
Thanks in advance :)
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about update power supply evga nvidia geforce 9800gt
  1. The Xigmatek is the better PSU. No little red voltage select switch, and has 32A between its 12V rails. I'm not sure how much I like that PSU, but given those choices its the one I would pick.
  2. Bump for edit
  3. Between those two I'm not sure which is "better". The Xigmatek has more usable power. 34A vs 28. But at least I know who made the Corsair. Either of those will power your 9800GT. A typical system with the 9800GT needs 22A.
  4. Best answer
    johncatman said:
    EDIT
    After researching my graphics card EVGA nVidia GeForce 9800GT 1gb This card claims to need at least 450w

No it doesn't

" Requirements
    Minimum of a 400 Watt power supply.
    (Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 26 Amps.) "

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130534

Overclocked EVGA, same power reccomendation
    http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=01G-P3-N981-TR&family=GeForce%209%20Series%20Family

The Xig is under the $40 budget you mentioned in your first post, the Corsair isn't a bad deal if you don't mind waiting for the rebate.
  5. EDIT:
    Double Post
    Read Below :)
  6. Quote:
    just as a question are you going to buy this graphics card (wouldn't reccommend it) or do you already have it?

I was going to get it, Is there a better one available? Because I need a graphics card that:
    Is Nvida (My Chip Set Is Nvida)
    Can be used with a power supply that cost about 30-50$
    Is compatable with pci express x16 1.0
    Any Ideas?
  7. Quote:
    whats your mobo?

Pegatron corporation Violet 3.02
    NVIDA nForse 720a
    American Megatrends Inc.
  8. It doesn't matter what chipset it is, any GPU can be used with it.
  9. ^+1.
  10. Best answer selected by johncatman.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Geforce Nvidia Components Product