Sign in with
Your question

ASRock N68C-S UCC unlocking

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
March 21, 2012 1:45:39 PM

I recently purchased the an ASRock N68C-S UCC motherboard, because of the core unlocking feature. I put an AMD Phenom II X4 960T into it.

I can't find the option to unlock the 5th and 6th cores in the BIOS. I have seen videos where under "CPU Active Core Control" it has the "[All Cores]" option, but mine only has "[Enabled]" and "[Disabled]". After enabled I only have the option to disable cores 1 through 3 (5 and 6 are not listed, and 0 can not be disabled)).

I thought I might need to update the BIOS so I flashed to the latest version (P.160), but the BIOS settings look exactly the same.

Can anyone help me out here?
March 21, 2012 10:05:30 PM

Im not understanding why you are needing to unlock the 5th or 6th cores since your CPU is only a Quad Core (4 Cores)?

m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
March 21, 2012 11:02:25 PM

benjamincakir said:
RMA both, and try again.

I already RMA'd the board once due to boot and onboard USB issues, and both boards had the same BIOS.

As for RMAing the CPU....

Lordgene said:
Im not understanding why you are needing to unlock the 5th or 6th cores since your CPU is only a Quad Core (4 Cores)?

What?
m
l
March 22, 2012 2:38:42 AM

jsanthara said:
I already RMA'd the board once due to boot and onboard USB issues, and both boards had the same BIOS.

As for RMAing the CPU....

What?

I think what LordGene means is that your CPU only has 4 cores, so you can't OC the 5th one, since it doesn't exist.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 22, 2012 11:37:04 AM

The 5th and 6th cores DO exist. The X4 960T is a hexa-core with 2 cores disabled (quad-core).

m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 22, 2012 9:41:20 PM

Really Tom's?
m
l
!