All Sata Ports Immediately Stopped Working [Abit IP35 Pro]

sdudley7

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Long story short. One of my HDs in my RAID-5 went bad. The moment I replaced it with a new drive this happened.

Recognized it on boot - Everything looking great. (First Boot Only)
By the time it got to the boot process it could not find any drives at all.
Now, nothing in those SATA ports is recognized at all.

Is it blown? The rest of the board functions fine. Is it a driver?

This is what I've tried already. I will update this part as I go. This forum is great, usually I'm able to find my answer without creating a new thread. But after trying everything on here, I've created this thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

*I am able to boot from my OS HD by plugging it into the eSata on the back of the computer, running through JMicron.
*I use Windows 7 *32bit
*Installed every Intel Driver I could find.
*Tried switching from RAID to AHCI & IDE to see if they were recognized individually. No luck, none recognized.
*Unplugged all but one, no luck.
*Resetted CMOS, no luck.
*Plugged a CD Drive into those ports, none recognized.

I really don't want to hassle with replacing the motherboard unless I'm POSITIVE it's dead. The thing is, everything else works completely fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Aquardz

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
I'm having the same type of issue...
I have a 40gb IDE drive as my primary that runs windows, then I have 2 SATA drives both 2tb where I keep and install everthing else.
2 days ago my application crashed and when I looked, I could not see my HDD's except for my IDE.
I restarted my pc and everything seemed fine again, I could access all my drives etc.
10 minutes later, my drives just dissapeared again. So I thought my drives are on its way out.
I restared my pc again but then it would not boot, I keep getting windows repair, and the drives does not want to show. So I unplugged the 2 SATA drives and the pc booted fine. I have 6 SATA ports, I've tried plugging the drives into all of them to see if it wasn't just those ports that blew but I kept getting the same result.
I thought my drives were gone and is causing these issues, but then yesterday I plugged it into another pc and I could see my drive, which made me wonder what if somehow ALL of my SATA ports blew??? Is that even possible even if you only use 2 of the 6 ports?

sdudley7

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

For me it turned out to be true. Everything else worked fine but my SATA ports. After troubleshooting I got a replacement board and everything worked fine.