Is everything ok?

G

Hello there, I am new to the forum so please excuse me if I am posting in the wrong section of the forum. I have just setup my very first own computer however I am unsure whenever everything is running properly - timmings, voltages, temperatures etc. I would be very greatful if someone could check the screens which I will provide below to confirm that everything is setup properly, so far I have made no changed to the BIOS at all, all at default settings.
Motherboard: GA-880GA-UD3H (rev. 2.2)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE
RAM: Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (CMX4GX3M2A1600C9)

CPU-Z CPU - Everything ok here?
CuMzt

RAM - I think the RAM is running too slow, it's upposed to run at 1600MHz but it seems to be running at 1333MHz. In the BIOS the timmings are set to "auto" but "auto" also shows what timmings it uses and it uses the timmings which are required by the RAM, so I have no idea how to fix this, help?
6cuZ0.png

MWez1.jpg

Temps - All the temps ok?
jeJBf.jpg

Thanks!

G

I haven't changed anything, I can do some settings if you tell me what, as I have no idea what needs changing, if anything needs changing.

G

A little update:
I went to the BIOS again and I manually set the ram to 1600MHz and 9-9-9-24 timmings. However, there were many other timming settings beside it which I didn't know what to set, like the tRc which I left at default 36 and CR which I left at 2T - is that ok or should they use different values? Also, the voltage which I use is v1.62, on Corsair's website it says to use v1.65 however my BIOS tells me that it's risky to set it to that and also on the website where I bought the RAM from(overclockers) it says to set it to v1.62 too so maybe I should leave it at that? Another weird thing is, CPU-Z still states my RAM as PC3-10700H even though it's PC3-12800C9, but maybe that's just CPU-Z error?
0UuVG.jpg

oCTpK.jpg

Here are my temperatures again, are they all fine? BTW, where is the North Bridge temperature? With my old PC it did state it, with this it doesn't, hm?
8x04T.jpg

And here's my CPU CPU-Z screen, can someone please confirm that everything is ok here too?
XsMlS.jpg

If I need to modify some more BIOS settings please let me know!

Joshwaa

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
If you look under the XMP profile in cpuz for you memory that is what you should be set at. You can leave the voltage at 1.62 as long as you don't experience problems. However 1.65 would not hurt. I am not an AMD expert so I can not comment on your CPU settings but Vcore looks high. I think max on those chips is 1.55v

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
I understand your excitement at wanting to make changes but you are approaching this incorrectly. Asking someone you dont know to modify your system is not a good idea. We each operate to different goals - some prefer every clock possibe of overclocking, some like a little OC, some trade stability away, others are fanatical. And then your system comes into play on how to deal with the temp, what heatsink are you using, what is the psu etc...

Memory overclocking doesnt yield much performance increase. IT might show up in synthetic benchmarks, but not in real world use. There are articles on this site showing this.

OC'ing a system can be fun or a real hair pulling exercise, but it will take lots of time and reading on your part. Read the articles and figure out who you are and what you want to do.. then try it out on your system and see where it takes you.

Personally, I never use 2T :)

G

Erm sorry if I made it sound like that, but you got the wrong idea of what I want guys. I want my system and all my components to run at their default settings, the settings which they have been designed at. I do not want to OC anything and I haven't OC'ed anything. What CPU-Z shows for RAM settings under SPD tab is wrong, as my RAM is PC3-12800C9, so I just went to BIOS and made changes to make it right - then again, I am not sure if I made these changes right. I did a bit of googleling and it seems that the timings should be 9-9-9-24-41-2T at v1.65 and that's what I am using right now. All I'm unsure about at the moment is whenever the temperatures which my components have are all right, whenever all the CPU configuration that CPU-Z shows is all right, and whenever I need to make some changes to the BIOS in order to make my system work properly. All I want is confirmation that everything is setup how it was designed, I am not asking for overclocking advices.