Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Big Bang X Power

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
March 21, 2012 10:39:13 PM

Do you guys still think the X58 Big Bang X Power still be a good buy? Considering that is pretty cheap now. :) 

More about : big bang power

a b V Motherboard
March 22, 2012 2:15:45 AM

It depends. What is your current mobo?
Score
0
March 22, 2012 7:06:11 AM

I run one of these and let me tell you that it is a 1337 motherboard but e56 is right, it depends on your current motherboard you are using and is it worth upgrading t this board


Score
0
Related resources
March 22, 2012 8:55:24 PM

e56imfg said:
It depends. What is your current mobo?


I have this REALLY Crappy one from 2001 that doesnt even work anymore. Thats why I want a new build. :D 
Score
0
a b V Motherboard
March 22, 2012 9:04:09 PM

CapperDom said:
I have this REALLY Crappy one from 2001 that doesnt even work anymore. Thats why I want a new build. :D 
So you're building a whole new rig?
Why are you building a 1336 system when there's future IB, current Sandy Bridge, and Sandy Bridge-E?
Score
0
March 22, 2012 9:10:34 PM

e56imfg said:
So you're building a whole new rig?
Why are you building a 1336 system when there's future IB, current Sandy Bridge, and Sandy Bridge-E?


Can you explain what Sandy Bridge is?
Score
0

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
March 22, 2012 9:16:54 PM

CapperDom said:
Can you explain what Sandy Bridge is?
It's just the latest CPU from Intel.
Ivy Bridge, the next CPU line, is coming in April
Share
March 22, 2012 9:20:08 PM

e56imfg said:
It's just the latest CPU from Intel.
Ivy Bridge, the next CPU line, is coming in April


So why is getting a sandy bridge better?
Score
0
a b V Motherboard
March 22, 2012 9:30:27 PM

CapperDom said:
So why is getting a sandy bridge better?
It's newer, faster, more efficient.
By the way, if you have a mobo from 2001, your CPU is probably extremely old and uses a different socket. The X58 will not support your CPU, at least from my understanding.

What's your current rig?
Score
0
March 22, 2012 9:31:59 PM

Yea I know that, im getting a entire new build and do you want to see that?
Score
0
a b V Motherboard
March 22, 2012 9:33:36 PM

CapperDom said:
Yea I know that, im getting a entire new build and do you want to see that?
Sure. Is your entire PC from 2001? If you have some modern parts then you could re-use them to save a bit of money.
Score
0
March 22, 2012 9:36:31 PM

e56imfg said:
Sure. Is your entire PC from 2001? If you have some modern parts then you could re-use them to save a bit of money.


Yes and here. ;) 

Corsair Graphite 600T – $169.99
MSI Big Bang X Power – $329.99
Intel Core I7 960 18MB – $299.99
Corsair Vengeance 8GB LP Black – $49.99
Corsair Force Series 3 60GB – $109.99
Corsair Professional Series Power Supply – $199.99
GeForce GTX 560 Ti DS – $259.99
Seagate 1TB Barracuda 64MB – $119.99
Corsair Hydro Series H80 – $92.99
NZXT LED Blue Kit – $19.99
LG CH12 Blue Ray DVD Drive – $79.99
NZXT Sleeves - $29.99
Score
0
a c 717 V Motherboard
March 22, 2012 9:42:47 PM

IF you're building a new system then it's crazy to build on X58/LGA 1366. So either Sandy Bridge Z68 (or wait until Ivy Bridge Z77), or Sandy Bridge Extreme X79 LGA 2011. Further, the GTX 600 series is being released and the GTX 660 TI.

I had to look at the post dates, I thought this was a 2010 Thread.
Score
0
a b V Motherboard
March 22, 2012 11:08:01 PM

CapperDom said:
Yes and here. ;) 

Corsair Graphite 600T – $169.99
MSI Big Bang X Power – $329.99
Intel Core I7 960 18MB – $299.99
Corsair Vengeance 8GB LP Black – $49.99
Corsair Force Series 3 60GB – $109.99
Corsair Professional Series Power Supply – $199.99
GeForce GTX 560 Ti DS – $259.99
Seagate 1TB Barracuda 64MB – $119.99
Corsair Hydro Series H80 – $92.99
NZXT LED Blue Kit – $19.99
LG CH12 Blue Ray DVD Drive – $79.99
NZXT Sleeves - $29.99
That's not from 2001 at all. The hardware is only a few years old. But that is an outstanding build. Why would you want to upgrade? You should just wait for Haswell or maybe even Broadwell because your rig can handle most games at maximum settings.
Score
0
March 22, 2012 11:19:00 PM

e56imfg said:
That's not from 2001 at all. The hardware is only a few years old. But that is an outstanding build. Why would you want to upgrade? You should just wait for Haswell or maybe even Broadwell because your rig can handle most games at maximum settings.


I really dont want to wait 2 years.
Score
0
March 22, 2012 11:19:40 PM

jaquith said:
IF you're building a new system then it's crazy to build on X58/LGA 1366. So either Sandy Bridge Z68 (or wait until Ivy Bridge Z77), or Sandy Bridge Extreme X79 LGA 2011. Further, the GTX 600 series is being released and the GTX 660 TI.

I had to look at the post dates, I thought this was a 2010 Thread.


Where can I look at Z77 boards? and When is the 600 Series coming out? :na: 
Score
0
a c 717 V Motherboard
March 22, 2012 11:32:23 PM

Most of the MOBO sites list their Z77 MOBOs. Starting tomorrow the GTX 680 is coming up for sale and other models soon afterwards. I expect the GTX 500 series to drop prices like a rock. You can othwise Google 'Z77 Review and Benchmark', some idiots have breached their NDA's and posted their findings.
Score
0
March 22, 2012 11:43:03 PM

jaquith said:
Most of the MOBO sites list their Z77 MOBOs. Starting tomorrow the GTX 680 is coming up for sale and other models soon afterwards. I expect the GTX 500 series to drop prices like a rock. You can othwise Google 'Z77 Review and Benchmark', some idiots have breached their NDA's and posted their findings.


THATS AWESOME Hopefully the 580 goes down a few hundred so I can get SLI for it ! SWEET. Btw what Z77 board would you recommend?
Score
0
March 22, 2012 11:47:32 PM

And do you think the X79 boards prices would go down for this?
Score
0
a b V Motherboard
March 22, 2012 11:54:14 PM

CapperDom said:
THATS AWESOME Hopefully the 580 goes down a few hundred so I can get SLI for it ! SWEET. Btw what Z77 board would you recommend?
The 580 already went down to $389 :) 
Z77 mobos aren't out yet so we don't know.

CapperDom said:
And do you think the X79 boards prices would go down for this?
Not likely.
Score
0
March 23, 2012 12:16:55 AM

e56imfg said:
The 580 already went down to $389 :) 
Z77 mobos aren't out yet so we don't know.

Not likely.


and what was the orginal price for the 580?
Score
0
a b V Motherboard
March 23, 2012 2:19:10 AM

CapperDom said:
and what was the orginal price for the 580?
$500 to $550. $800 for WC edition.
Score
0
March 23, 2012 7:05:06 PM

Best answer selected by CapperDom.
Score
0
a c 328 V Motherboard
March 24, 2012 1:01:44 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
0
!