Bios update

I know it's kind of a retarded question but, I have an asus p8z68v-pro and I saw on asus site that there is a bios update
I want to know if I can harm the Mobo doing that and also how I do it?
On the ASUS AI Suite II there is an bios update tool but I'm not sure it is the right way or If I need to backup some files or reconfigure something
Can somebody help me?
6 answers Last reply
More about bios update
  1. Why do you want to upgrade the BIOS? If it is not broken don't fix it. There is a small risk that you could brick your motherboard by doing something wrong in the BIOS update procedure.
  2. There are lots of reasons to update your bios.
    The old "if ain't broke, don't fix it!" is really not good advice in my opinion; The company releases updates for reasons, many reasons.
  3. Pedro Caruso said:
    I know it's kind of a retarded question but, I have an asus p8z68v-pro and I saw on asus site that there is a bios update
    I want to know if I can harm the Mobo doing that and also how I do it?
    On the ASUS AI Suite II there is an bios update tool but I'm not sure it is the right way or If I need to backup some files or reconfigure something
    Can somebody help me?

What BIOS version is your system currently at?
  4. I have had mediocre motherboards that have been totally transformed by a BIOS upgrade to become a excellent motherboard and I have never bricked one out of the hundreds I have done. However I still say don't do it unless there is a pressing reason to do so.

The ASUS web site gives full instructions on how to do a BIOS update so follow their instructions and ask here if you get stuck on any particular part. The EZ flash method. is the safest method and very straight forward.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20070215223109668&board_id=1
  5. They often include performance improvements, fixes, additions, etc.
    There is basically no reason not to do an upgrade.
  6. I was thinking about updating my mobo bios because it said that there were some improvements on the intel srt
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus BIOS Motherboards