Sign in with
Your question

Bios update

Last response: in Motherboards
March 21, 2012 11:47:44 PM

I know it's kind of a retarded question but, I have an asus p8z68v-pro and I saw on asus site that there is a bios update
I want to know if I can harm the Mobo doing that and also how I do it?
On the ASUS AI Suite II there is an bios update tool but I'm not sure it is the right way or If I need to backup some files or reconfigure something
Can somebody help me?

More about : bios update

a b V Motherboard
March 22, 2012 1:34:52 AM

Why do you want to upgrade the BIOS? If it is not broken don't fix it. There is a small risk that you could brick your motherboard by doing something wrong in the BIOS update procedure.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 22, 2012 2:05:34 AM

There are lots of reasons to update your bios.
The old "if ain't broke, don't fix it!" is really not good advice in my opinion; The company releases updates for reasons, many reasons.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
March 22, 2012 2:11:40 AM

Pedro Caruso said:
I know it's kind of a retarded question but, I have an asus p8z68v-pro and I saw on asus site that there is a bios update
I want to know if I can harm the Mobo doing that and also how I do it?
On the ASUS AI Suite II there is an bios update tool but I'm not sure it is the right way or If I need to backup some files or reconfigure something
Can somebody help me?

What BIOS version is your system currently at?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 22, 2012 2:48:40 AM

I have had mediocre motherboards that have been totally transformed by a BIOS upgrade to become a excellent motherboard and I have never bricked one out of the hundreds I have done. However I still say don't do it unless there is a pressing reason to do so.

The ASUS web site gives full instructions on how to do a BIOS update so follow their instructions and ask here if you get stuck on any particular part. The EZ flash method. is the safest method and very straight forward.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=2007021522310966...
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 22, 2012 2:53:13 AM

They often include performance improvements, fixes, additions, etc.
There is basically no reason not to do an upgrade.
m
l
March 26, 2012 4:53:41 PM

I was thinking about updating my mobo bios because it said that there were some improvements on the intel srt
m
l
!