How can i remove my Antec 1200 filters....

computernewbie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
Well yeah, its been a WEEK and the filters are litteraly grey with dust. How can i remove them? Because im quite sure the next day even if i clean them, they'll get all dusty agian. Will the dust damage my system in any way?

Offtopic : Anyone with a 850W PSU and who plays or works on it for about 5 hours a day..? Because i hope the electric bill wont be over 200.....or im boned

antec_rep

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
das_stig has it.

Remove both side panels. Remove the screws for the HDD cages for the filters you want to clean. Push the drive bay out a few inches (you don't need to push it out entirely!). Pull the tab at the top of the HDD cage and the filter will come right out. Clean and replace!

Turn to page 8 of the included manual. http://www.antec.com/pdf/manuals/1200_EN%20manual.pdf

The Washable Air Filters

Front Air Filters – There is a filter located behind the faceplate of each HDD cage
faceplates. There is a total of three front air filters that come with the case
by default.

To clean the filter:

1. Remove the cage thumbscrews fastening the HDD cage to the 5.25” drive
bays and set them aside.

2. Slide the HDD cage forward about 1 or 2 inches. You will see the air filter
behind the faceplate.

Note: There should be no need to disconnect the power or data connections
from the HDD or the fan in order to remove the filters for cleaning. Just
make sure that you have left about 2 inches of slack in the cables.

3. Lift the tab upwards to remove the filter.

Side Air Filter – There is a filter located in the side fan bracket. It is located on the
inside of the side panel, so you must open the side panel to access it. Remove the
filter by sliding it out of the bracket.

From time to time it will be necessary to wash the installed air filters. Not washing
the air filter will result in high system temperatures and possible stability problems.
We recommend checking the air filter at least once a month initially. The frequency
will change depending on environmental conditions and system usage. Users who
run their systems 24/7 will have to check their filters more often than those who
don’t use it every day.

Assuming you draw 425 of those watts on average x 5 hours per day x $0.12/1000 watt hrs = $0.255 per day

They are a lot easier to clean than every nook and fan blade of your PC. But, if they do reduce airflow too much it won't hurt to remove them, just be sure to check the inside periodically for dust buildup.

TRENDING THREADS