Sign in with
Your question

PC wont boot past windows startup

Last response: in Motherboards
March 22, 2012 3:28:55 AM

Hello, so i downloaded an updated Realtek driver yesterday and faced the problem of having my sound not work afterward. I tried everything from and read a couple things on restarting my BIOS to factory setting by taking the motherboard battery out and putting it back after 60 sec. I placed it back into its component and put my computer back together and plugged it in and turned it on. I noticed that when i started it up it made 2 beep sounds instead of the usual 3(I also looked up that AMI motherboards with 2 beeps means faulty RAM so i replaced it with diffrent RAM and didnt work . Afterwards when the problem still persisted i tried the System repair tool with no luck either and dont know what to do next? If you have any insight on the matter please let me know :)  Thank You
a b V Motherboard
March 22, 2012 7:26:09 AM

Have you tried format? That usually solves lots of troubles
a b V Motherboard
March 22, 2012 7:44:26 AM

Try booting up with only one ram stick in
Related resources
March 22, 2012 9:26:21 PM

Ok well my motherboard doesn't have alot of BIOS options so reseting it in the BIOS is unavailable. Also i only have one RAM stick and have reseated it already multiple times
a b V Motherboard
March 22, 2012 10:01:00 PM

Taking out the battery and leaving it off for a while will work.
Usually though, you can change a jumper.
What model of motherboard or brand and model pc is it?
a b V Motherboard
March 23, 2012 2:17:15 AM

It has button on the motherboard to reset the cmos
March 23, 2012 2:31:20 AM

I looked it has no jumper and it doesnt say it has one in the manual
a b V Motherboard
March 23, 2012 2:32:10 AM

ON the newegg page, it says that that motherboard has a button on it to reset the bios/cmos
a b V Motherboard
March 23, 2012 2:36:20 AM

It should be a red button right below the black pci slot
a b V Motherboard
March 23, 2012 2:50:03 AM

mrhoppsmc said:
Hello, so i downloaded an updated Realtek driver yesterday and faced the problem of having my sound not work afterward. I tried everything from and read a couple things on restarting my BIOS to factory setting by taking the motherboard battery out and putting it back after 60 sec. I placed it back into its component and put my computer back together and plugged it in and turned it on. I noticed that when i started it up it made 2 beep sounds instead of the usual 3(I also looked up that AMI motherboards with 2 beeps means faulty RAM so i replaced it with diffrent RAM and didnt work . Afterwards when the problem still persisted i tried the System repair tool with no luck either and dont know what to do next? If you have any insight on the matter please let me know :)  Thank You

Go to control panel, click system and go to device manager and look for sound/audio under click realtek audio/sound right click and go to properties, from properties click roll back driver.
a b V Motherboard
March 23, 2012 2:55:55 AM

aqe040466 said:
Go to control panel, click system and go to device manager and look for sound/audio under click realtek audio/sound right click and go to properties, from properties click roll back driver.

His system is not booting.
a b V Motherboard
March 23, 2012 2:59:00 AM

Oh okay, i found the correct image for your board. The CMOS clear jumpers are light blue
March 23, 2012 3:27:56 AM

haha didnt see it in the corner there but thanks. Sadly it didnt change a dam thing and i still cant boot :(  I really don't know what to do ive tried everything. What about re installing windows?
a b V Motherboard
March 23, 2012 4:50:33 AM

You can try using system Restore after the system repair fails; It should be an option in repair options
a b V Motherboard
March 23, 2012 4:54:18 AM

You need to boot with your Windows 7 DVD to use System Restore, since your pc won't currently boot.
March 23, 2012 5:27:15 AM

I am running System Restore as we speak. It bugs me that the System recovry says that my computer ran every test successfully which doesnt make sense to why it wont boot :/ 
March 23, 2012 5:29:59 AM

there was an error message saying it couldn't go back to the restored point
a b V Motherboard
March 23, 2012 5:34:45 AM

It could be corrupted; try another one further back if u can
a b V Motherboard
March 23, 2012 5:36:57 AM

Did you try Safe Mode at all on this?
March 23, 2012 5:48:01 AM

yes i have
March 23, 2012 5:48:49 AM

im going to try taking everything out and putting it back together to see if maybe something was loose or seated incorrectly
a c 328 V Motherboard
March 24, 2012 12:59:01 PM

Hi there mrhoppsmc,

Any reason why u don't reinstall the windows?
March 24, 2012 2:24:13 PM

hey and i wanted to try everything else first before i tried that. Now sadly after i took all the parts out and put it back together my comp wont turn on :(  I built this computer myself before so idk why this is happening. I tried to jump the POWER SW but it didn't work for some reason and im pretty sure i have everything connected correctly. I tried looking up the front panel configuration and put the POWER SW in the right pin format but when i click the ON button in the front of the tower nothing happens either.
a c 328 V Motherboard
March 24, 2012 2:27:28 PM

Check the 4/8 pin connection.
March 24, 2012 2:46:48 PM

For some reason i moved the CMOS jumper back and my computer turn on again but im back to the same boot fail as before so im going to try re installing windows this time.
a c 328 V Motherboard
March 24, 2012 2:50:32 PM

mrhoppsmc said:
For some reason i moved the CMOS jumper back and my computer turn on again but im back to the same boot fail as before so im going to try re installing windows this time.

When I can't fix the problem with in few hrs, I just reload the back up.

Or reinstall everything : )

All done within 30 min to 2 hrs. Most likely your system is corrupted.

Well, good luck!

a c 328 V Motherboard
March 24, 2012 2:51:42 PM

And if u need to salvage some data,

boot from another HDD or LiveCD and do the transfer ...
March 24, 2012 3:33:15 PM

am i able to save certain programs or documents and transfer them to a USB instead of a new HDD because i dont need to backup the whole thing because i dont wanna spend more money when this isnt guaranteed to fix the problem?
a c 328 V Motherboard
March 24, 2012 3:46:07 PM

Clean install is the fix.
March 24, 2012 3:57:09 PM

k i will let you know how it went
a c 328 V Motherboard
March 24, 2012 3:58:05 PM

Cool!
a b V Motherboard
March 24, 2012 4:28:34 PM

nikorr said:
When I can't fix the problem with in few hrs, I just reload the back up.

Or reinstall everything : )

All done within 30 min to 2 hrs. Most likely your system is corrupted.

Well, good luck!

Very true. That is how we did it in Desktop Support; Basically, anything more than an hour is a waste of time.
March 24, 2012 5:00:51 PM

ok it worked! Thanks for all the help.
!