PC wont boot past windows startup

mrhoppsmc

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Hello, so i downloaded an updated Realtek driver yesterday and faced the problem of having my sound not work afterward. I tried everything from and read a couple things on restarting my BIOS to factory setting by taking the motherboard battery out and putting it back after 60 sec. I placed it back into its component and put my computer back together and plugged it in and turned it on. I noticed that when i started it up it made 2 beep sounds instead of the usual 3(I also looked up that AMI motherboards with 2 beeps means faulty RAM so i replaced it with diffrent RAM and didnt work . Afterwards when the problem still persisted i tried the System repair tool with no luck either and dont know what to do next? If you have any insight on the matter please let me know :) Thank You

aqe040466

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

Go to control panel, click system and go to device manager and look for sound/audio under click realtek audio/sound right click and go to properties, from properties click roll back driver.

mrhoppsmc

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
haha didnt see it in the corner there but thanks. Sadly it didnt change a dam thing and i still cant boot :( I really don't know what to do ive tried everything. What about re installing windows?

mrhoppsmc

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
hey and i wanted to try everything else first before i tried that. Now sadly after i took all the parts out and put it back together my comp wont turn on :( I built this computer myself before so idk why this is happening. I tried to jump the POWER SW but it didn't work for some reason and im pretty sure i have everything connected correctly. I tried looking up the front panel configuration and put the POWER SW in the right pin format but when i click the ON button in the front of the tower nothing happens either.