Sign in with
Your question

Front and back USB Ports Don't work

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
July 14, 2011 3:54:25 PM

None of my USB ports work, both the back and front don't work. Only the keyboard does so I've been ctrl+tabbing to switch programs. The Internet, mouse and the sound doesn't work: I've tried everything people tell me online but it doesn't seem to work.

I went to system and device manager and USB bus controller however I dont understand what to do from there.

It's been a week now and im not sure what to do. The monitor is also brand new and I don't want to reformat nor get a new one so somebody please help me!!!!!!!!
a b à CPUs
July 14, 2011 6:28:28 PM

Well, you could try removing the USB hubs via device manager and rebooting so windows will re-download the drivers again. Could also be that the devices you have installed on the hub are drawing too much power...
a b à CPUs
July 14, 2011 9:32:40 PM

try this

unplug the keyboard and plug you mouse in the keybaords usb

tell us if it is working, it might be you/a virus did something to stop mouse and other stuff working, its not unheard of
Related resources
a b à CPUs
July 14, 2011 9:38:14 PM

So is this a new computer or an old one?

You might want to search online for the latest motherboard BIOS. Also make sure you've updated all your chipset drivers.
July 15, 2011 1:57:52 AM

update the driver of your usb controller or try to install the chipsets driver of the motherboard.....
!