Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 7, 2011 3:56:19 PM

Hey guys , really need some help .

I have :

Evga e757 Motherboard
i7 920
Ati Radeon HD 4890 Sapphire vapor 1gb
Thermaltake 1500w

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pc was working fine for over a year when suddenly the PC restarted due to a power cut &

I keep getting a blurry blank screen with vertical lines.
when i start my Pc . At times it works for a few seconds then i get fuzzy lines and it becomes blank with vertical lines.

I also had a small problem with voltage @ my house . Normally it was 240v but it started fluctuating @ 220 etc...

Can this be caused due to the gpu not getting enough power ?
a c 153 U Graphics card
February 7, 2011 9:40:33 PM

Could be the PSU was ruined slightly when you lost power, or something else got ruined.

Can you test another power supply?
m
l
a c 147 U Graphics card
February 8, 2011 12:28:21 AM

You're going to have to do basic troubleshooting which involves testing each of the most likely components first.

There's no really easy way, however if you can get someone with a PC to help you out maybe you can test your PSU and Graphics card on another computer.

Sometimes you can find basic graphics cards dirt cheap which you could swap out.
m
l
Related resources
a c 189 U Graphics card
February 8, 2011 12:34:19 AM

The first thing I would try is try your card in different PC with enough power on PSU, if it works then you might have problem with your ThermalTake PSU...
m
l
February 8, 2011 4:44:07 AM

Thx guys ;) 

I actually did try another gpu on the pc and seemed to be working fine . However the other gpu was a simple one and did not require additional power from the PSU , so cannot know for sure .

Yep the problem coul dbe with the GPU or PSU .

Can a corrupt bios or processor cause this problem ?
m
l
February 8, 2011 2:07:57 PM

Aren't thermaltake psu's low quality anyway? I would replace it if so with a name brand... antec, corsair, etc...
m
l
!