Manage Clock Speeds

Kewlx25

Distinguished
I recently acquired a 6950 and unlocked it. I had the 11.1 drivers installed and I had it only clocked to 840/1312 as it is plenty fast for me.

Anyway, I installed the 11.1a hot fix and it decided that the minimum speed I can set my memory to will now be 1375, which is the full speed of the 6970. The card runs cool (~72c) at 6970 speeds, but I would rather it run less than full since I have no reason to push it that far. I'm currently running it at 840/1375 as I can't clock down the memory.

Is there a utility to clock it down?

P.S. I tried ATITray but all it does is bluescreen my computer with 100% reliability and the installation couldn't even install correctly as it didn't have the ".lnk" extensions for the start menu shortcuts it created and the uninstall doesn't work correctly either. To me, that's a poorly designed piece of crap.

P.P.S. Overall system is stable, lots of Bad Company2 (4xAA+Edge detect for "12xAA") playing with no artifacts, and protein folding type stuff with no computational errors. Yes, I've seen my last video card cause computation errors when it got too hot. distributed app would finish and it would fail some check.

Kewlx25

Distinguished
The slider is all the way to the left and it's at 1375. It will let me go to the right and clock up more than 1375, but not lower. With the 11.1(not 11.1a), the slider for the memory defaulted at 1250 and it let me go even lower.

I'll give the MSI thing a try. Thanks for the suggestion :p

TRENDING THREADS