VGA wont work help.

jesusfish

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
Hi im having some problems trying to connect my acer ax3400 b2802 to my 42" lcd LG hd tv, i put a new video card in my acer not long ago and i just got my tv yesterday so this is new to me, the video card thats in now is a ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series, but when i connect the vga cables to my tv from my desktop nothing happens, it just says no signal, and the hdmi input on the computer wouldnt work either...i dontk now if it has to do with me switching video cards or not, but when itry to look for a second screen it just says cant find anything...please help, getting pretty fed up with looking online..

ok so i never noticed this befor but before i put my new video card in my screen hooked up threw the VGA cord, but now it hooks up to the back of the video card it self but its not VGA, im pretty sure its DVI, the same looking plug pretty much just bigger...so does that mean since i put in a new video card the HDMI and VGA ports are disabled??

jesusfish

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011

im really sorry but im not that good with computers, i love them but dont know everything lol so what do you mean and how could i check it?