Sign in with
Your question

Hello I am trying to find a tv tuner that would be compatible with ado

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 7, 2011 10:31:12 PM

Hello I am trying to find a tv tuner that would be compatible with adobe media encoder. I have got a cheap usb tuner connected to the tv antenna, but it was a waste of money. Please help me
February 7, 2011 10:52:36 PM

What Cheap USB TV tuner do you have? Are you using the software that came with it or the windows software? You may be able to use the one you have just use different software to get Abobe to read it.
February 9, 2011 3:06:27 PM

As far as I know, all TV tuners (if using windows) record in wtv format using MPEG-2 and a different tuner will not change that. The problem seems to be your software doesn't like the format. Try converting your wtv files to dvr-ms. You can do this by right-clicking on the recorded wtv file and select "Convert to DVR-MS". Some older software like dvr-ms but don't like wtv.
February 9, 2011 7:27:07 PM

I use a old version of Win TV from hauppauge I like it because with the software that came with the card I can record on my computer then use different supplyed software to burn to DVD then watch on my normal TV.using a standard DVD player. Microsoft's Software does not play nice with converting and using elseware.
!