Weird shuffling noise after insttaling 4more gigs g.skill

ushy86

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
Hi guys. Quick question. So my order came in today for the 2x2gb g.skill ripjaws, and when I tried to load my pc with both or just 1 new one, I believe it was my hdd that was making a shuffling noise every 3 seconds-ish and wouldn't boot. But it loads with the original 2x2gb ripjaws.

My mobo specs are:
m4a79xtd evo , so my current total of 8gb g.skill ripjaws of the same sort should not be an issue as it can run more..And I run on win 7 64bit, so what can be the issue here?
Thanks guys, in the meantime I will try again.

Other specs currently:
phenom II 955 oc to 3.9 ghz
4gb g.skill ripjaws
560ti twin frozr
500gb hdd
gx coolermaster 650w
24 inch synaps 1080p
win 7 64bit premium

Wamphryi

Distinguished
It is probably your PSU making the noise as the BIOS starts and the restarts the PC in an attempt to find the optimal settings for your CPU and RAM. Some boards have an auto function around this. You may need to update your BIOS or your board may not like the memory you are using. I am experiencing something like that myself right now with my second Rig.

ushy86

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
Well this would definitely not be cool. The original 2x2gb ripjaws ran fine for the longest time and they are all the same speed etc. My bios and everything I believe is up to date. Is there anything I can do or try in the meantime, I don't really want to have to send these things back.