Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New built computer won't turn back on.

Last response: in Systems
April 13, 2011 7:30:48 PM

I recently built a computer. MSI 870A-G55 Motherboard, HD Radeon 6850 gpu (from xfx), 4gigs of RAM, AMD Phenom II x4 black edition 3.2ghz, windows 7, in win dragon rider case (plenty of airflow), Corsair 650 modular.

I used it perfectly fine for about 4 days. Last night I was doing a lil more research on overclocking and I noticed the OC Genie on the motherboard, so I go through it and its working just fine. Nothing is hot or running weird at all. So I turn it off for the night then wake up and nothing is running it seems. The case turns on(fans, lights, etc) however nothing is showing through the monitor. (there perfectly fine i've tried it on another computer) Also the wireless keyboard and mouse wifi thing ain't powering on. The ports on the back don't seem to be working. The LED's aren't turning on. (they are plugged in just fine) Idk what to do. If you have any more questions about it just ask me please! Thank you in advance!

Best solution

April 13, 2011 7:41:15 PM

Have you reset the CMOS?
April 13, 2011 7:48:30 PM

Yes I just tried that. Nothing is happening. Anything else?
m
l
Related resources
April 13, 2011 7:52:09 PM

myers711 said:
I recently built a computer. MSI 870A-G55 Motherboard, HD Radeon 6850 gpu (from xfx), 4gigs of RAM, AMD Phenom II x4 black edition 3.2ghz, windows 7, in win dragon rider case (plenty of airflow), Corsair 650 modular.

I used it perfectly fine for about 4 days. Last night I was doing a lil more research on overclocking and I noticed the OC Genie on the motherboard, so I go through it and its working just fine. Nothing is hot or running weird at all. So I turn it off for the night then wake up and nothing is running it seems. The case turns on(fans, lights, etc) however nothing is showing through the monitor. (there perfectly fine i've tried it on another computer) Also the wireless keyboard and mouse wifi thing ain't powering on. The ports on the back don't seem to be working. The LED's aren't turning on. (they are plugged in just fine) Idk what to do. If you have any more questions about it just ask me please! Thank you in advance!

EDIT: There are lights on the motherboard that are on. Just not when I plug them into the ports in the back.
m
l
April 13, 2011 7:55:55 PM

^^This should work. Had to do the same with my ASUS board after overclocking.
m
l
April 13, 2011 8:03:02 PM

Best answer selected by myers711.
m
l
April 13, 2011 8:03:10 PM

Silly question but I fear the answer, did you have the system completely powered down when you cleared the CMOS or pushed the OC Genie button? Unplugged from the wall and the power turned on for second to completely bleed the system?

Try again. You may need to pull the CMOS battery (check your manual). That can be a little more effective than moving jumpers.

Then make sure everything is seated correctly--ram, video card, power cables--something might have gotten knocked around when you were playing in the case.

Also make sure the OC Genie is off.

Then try a restart.
m
l
April 13, 2011 8:03:52 PM

chriskrum said:
Have you reset the CMOS?

This actually worked ;)  thank you alot!
m
l
April 13, 2011 8:28:20 PM

Cool. Makes me happy.
m
l
!