Running GTX 580 SLI improvement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brohde88

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
Hey I have a GTX 580 running on a AUS P67Pro board. The board is rated to run one graphics card at x16 and SLI at x8,x8. Does this mean that I will get the same performance out of 2 graphics cards that I would from one? I was looking to get a second GTX 580, the Galaxy version.
Thanks for the responses.

Solution
Dual cards in sli will improve your graphics performance in most games to nearlly double. Exactly how much improvement is variable. Some games do not scale well with dual cards. The more monitors you use, and the higher resolution you have will bring the biggest improvement.

The X8-X8 PCI-E reduced bandwidth willl not be a significant reduction. Measurable, but not noticeable.
Dual cards in sli will improve your graphics performance in most games to nearlly double. Exactly how much improvement is variable. Some games do not scale well with dual cards. The more monitors you use, and the higher resolution you have will bring the biggest improvement.

The X8-X8 PCI-E reduced bandwidth willl not be a significant reduction. Measurable, but not noticeable.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.