CPU BOX COOLER LOOOUD

phenom_81

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
i have a PH II 955 BE and it's working extra...but it's box cooler is so louuuuud...when it's idle temp go about 40 in full load about 54 and that is ok....but when i start games or test cooler go crazy start spinning about 5500 rpm!!!!! ...everything is new ...case is well air-flowed...i am from europe and on amd forum i saw a bunch of people that were complaining about same stufff....

everything is on default ...C'nQ is on so as smartfan function....i do not know what to do cause i can't hear myself when i start some benchmark ...help :pfff: :pfff:
sorry if my english was bad it's not my native languague

Pro Llama

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009

The stock heat sink isn't that great. You may want to upgrade to a better heat sink. There are alot of pretty cheap heatsink that are quiet.
This site has reviews and suggested heat sinks - http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

phenom_81

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
thanks man ....but i cant' belive it that such of best from CPU has so chep crap cooler ....it's so loud u can't belive it ..

phenom_81

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
yeap those cheap m******s ......so look you guys i am from serbia and we don't have such big choice here i just want something that will keep my cpu cool and quiet for about 40-50 euro's.......OC isn't big deal with me only quietness.....

loneninja

Distinguished
I don't have a problem with the stock cooler on my Phenom 9850 or Phenom II 940, mine only reaches about 3200rpm though, I've never seen it go higher. My video cards/case fans are louder than my heatsink fan.

TRENDING THREADS