Windows 7 wont detect my gts450 hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshtomryan

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
I've just bought a nvidia gts 450 card, and it's all plugged in fan comes on, but when I try to download the drivers it says "drivers unable to detect compatible hardware"... What to do? I have a 945GCT-HM mobo, and a 300w pwer supply.

Solution

Um the title is this " Windows 7 wont detect my gts450 hardware. So W7 I guess.

@ joshtomryan

What card did you have before ? If you had a card before and not just onboard did you remove the old drivers first before removing the card ?

What you should be doing is downloading the drivers before installing the new card and then uninstalling the old card by removing the drivers from the system and then taking the card out (with the power off obviously).
Install the new card then run the driver...

Um the title is this " Windows 7 wont detect my gts450 hardware. So W7 I guess.

@ joshtomryan

What card did you have before ? If you had a card before and not just onboard did you remove the old drivers first before removing the card ?

What you should be doing is downloading the drivers before installing the new card and then uninstalling the old card by removing the drivers from the system and then taking the card out (with the power off obviously).
Install the new card then run the driver instalation package.

Probably best if you run driver sweeper (free download) now though as there may well be some conflict issues somewhere.

Mactronix :)

Solution

joshtomryan

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011

I have windows7 64bit.

Previously I had an Asus 8600gt.

Status
Not open for further replies.