ATI 5850 1G DDR5

grenadier

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
I would just like to now if this Graphics card will fit my MOB i have a MSI K9N6PGM2-V , and if so will i need extra power supply for it.

wfrantz

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009

You need to provide more details. Yes it looks like your motherboard has pci 16 slot so it should fit. and the 5850 is a bit shorter than the motherboard so that should fit too, however the power cables on a 5850 generally come out of the rear, thus you may want to make sure your case is large enough...

As for your power supply... you need to tell us how many watts it is. I wouldn't use a 5850 in your system with anything below 450w

It will work with your board.

The Gigabyte 5850s have the power cables facing the side panel. For others, HIS included, the power attaches to the rear.

Your case will make all the difference whether it fits.

Your power supply should be fine considering only wattage, but what kind is it? Whether or not it has the 18A additional (just for the video card) on the 12V rail will make the difference there.

That's the power draw each 5850 requires. Your power supply probably has a label with a chart on it displaying the different voltages (+12V) in the top row and the amps in the row below. Amps are a measure of electric charge over a surface in a given amount of time. The +12Volt rail is the part of the power supply from which you draw power for the PCIe video card. You may have more than one 12V rail depending on the supply.

grenadier

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
I have a ACE 620 power supply which has 1x Universal 24 pin,1x 4 pin+12v Power connecter 2x4 pin moley,1xfloppy connecter and 2xseral ATA power connecter.