Temp and FPS monitoring sw

rockitman

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
Well I've finally arrived into the 21st century!

I just put together a new build as my old rig was built in 2003.

Silverstone Fortress, Silverstone Strider PSU, Intel 2500k, Asus P8p67 deluxe, XFX 6950, 8gb corsair vengeance, Crucial C300 and Samsung spinpoint, and let me tell you brothers....

HOT DAMMM!

All the Steam games that I've bought over time, many were barely playable at the lowest reses on my Pentium 4, Crysis was just not worth the aggravation. Same with FarCry2, Batman, Stalker, etc.
I am now drooling!

Crysis looks amazing! And the upgrade of sound as well with the onboard Realtek, my Klipsch Promedia 5.1's make me feel like i am in the frigkkin jungle!!

I maxxed everything up on the settings and it plays like butter on my 28" monitor!!

Heck, I have another 6950 in the box waiting for the day I need to crossfire, but shoot, I don't even need to flash this thing to a 6970 yet!

Anyways, to my subject, I want to monitor my temps and fps , etc, and would like to know some freeware out there that does this.
Specifically, how do you measure this stuff while you're in the middle of playing a game??

Also, as a test, I installed Steam Tools which allows me to move any game off my SSD C: drive over to my Samsung Spinpoint so I don't fill up my 128GB.
I played Crysis first off the SSD and it loads pretty fast. I then moved it over to the Samsung drive and loaded it and that was danged fast as well, I really couldn't tell the difference!

Oh well!