Sign in with
Your question

INTEL GMA X4500

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 8, 2011 2:37:56 PM

Can some1 tell me if Intel GMA X4500 supports Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or above

More about : intel gma x4500

February 8, 2011 2:48:00 PM

The Intel GMA X4500 supports DirectX 10, and therefore it will also support DX9.
Related resources
a c 130 U Graphics card
February 8, 2011 3:30:56 PM

jpsmyth said:
Can some1 tell me if Intel GMA X4500 supports Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or above

Yes. DX 10 and shader 4.0, but what are you planning on using it for ? If its gaming you will be disapointed. It can run some older games at reasonable levels but wont play newer titles.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel [...] 883.0.html

Mactronix

PS you have a double post you might want to ask a Mod to delete one.
a b U Graphics card
February 8, 2011 6:52:38 PM

As previously stated, yes it does.

However, you might want a more off-board Graphics solution, even if it's a cheap one. All graphics are designed with ATI/AMD and Nvidia dedicated video in mind as an industry standard, and stability issues can arise when using an onboard or off-company solution. Games and Aero will typically crash unexpectedly. You really have to stick to text-based everything to expect stability and reliability from these.

While stability has increased over the years with these alternative (and often money saving) options, you're still bound to encounter trouble anytime you animate anything on your computer. So, unless you're all on-line poker and text-only web-browsing, you'll be happier with an actual Nvidia or ATI/AMD video card.
a b U Graphics card
February 8, 2011 7:37:50 PM

mirrion said:
As previously stated, yes it does.

However, you might want a more off-board Graphics solution, even if it's a cheap one. All graphics are designed with ATI/AMD and Nvidia dedicated video in mind as an industry standard, and stability issues can arise when using an onboard or off-company solution. Games and Aero will typically crash unexpectedly. You really have to stick to text-based everything to expect stability and reliability from these.

While stability has increased over the years with these alternative (and often money saving) options, you're still bound to encounter trouble anytime you animate anything on your computer. So, unless you're all on-line poker and text-only web-browsing, you'll be happier with an actual Nvidia or ATI/AMD video card.

I think you may have a distorted view of integrated graphics. I have several computers with integrated graphics and Windows 7. I have never had Aero crash on any of them. They can't really play any games, but that's not what they're made for. Intel's GMA X4500 should be able to use Aero and HD video as well as word processing and web browsing. Most computers in offices, school, libraries and other public place use integrated graphics. In fact most of the computers sold as complete units use integrated graphics. Check Best Buy or Fry's if you don't believe it. And as far as integrated graphics go, the GMA X4500 is near the top. So, don't trash integrated graphics for non-gaming users. There are very few non-gaming apps that require anything more. Even old games like CS:S run great on my integrated Nvidia 9200 at decent settings.
a c 130 U Graphics card
February 9, 2011 5:53:51 PM

Dougx1317 said:
I think you may have a distorted view of integrated graphics. I have several computers with integrated graphics and Windows 7. I have never had Aero crash on any of them. They can't really play any games, but that's not what they're made for. Intel's GMA X4500 should be able to use Aero and HD video as well as word processing and web browsing. Most computers in offices, school, libraries and other public place use integrated graphics. In fact most of the computers sold as complete units use integrated graphics. Check Best Buy or Fry's if you don't believe it. And as far as integrated graphics go, the GMA X4500 is near the top. So, don't trash integrated graphics for non-gaming users. There are very few non-gaming apps that require anything more. Even old games like CS:S run great on my integrated Nvidia 9200 at decent settings.

Your being polite its not distorted its twisted so out of shape as to not resemble anything close to the truth.

Mactronix :) 
June 1, 2012 5:45:35 PM

will just cause 2 and gta 4 work on my pc:
dual core e5400 2.7ghz
4gb ram ddr3
asus g41 motherboard
integrated graphic gma x4500...
P.S i need definite answers....
June 1, 2012 5:46:43 PM

will just cause 2 and gta 4 work on my pc:
dual core e5400 2.7ghz
4gb ram ddr3