Temp gpu 66c

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotobot

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
Hello,
my gpu temp 66c when idle.. when 1st time used the temp is 56c.. what happen to my gpu?

i used power logic 500w psu

Solution

Before you do the above just check and make sure the card isnt all covered with dust. Dust is a really good insulator and will bump a card up a good few degrees very quickly.
remove your card and inspect it. If it is covered in dust then CAREFULLY clean it with some compressed air or jsut a good blow and a soft cloth. Dont get it wet. Personally I blow then Vac mine but you have to be...

JoshWS

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
This temp is fine for that GPU, they have a maximum temp of 105C and you have nearly half that so it is nothing serious right now, it's only dangerous when it starts hitting the 90's.

JoshWS

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
I think it is possible to see what voltage, not sure about amps, you are using in CPUID, not really sure though. I still wouldn't worry about it in the 80's to much but you might want to get an extra fan or two for you case if possible.

Pallimud

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
If you want the temp to be lower, you'll want to take off the heatsink for the graphics card, remove the old thermal paste, and then put new thermal paste on it.

You can youtube that for your graphics card and find how to do it. That will most likely lower your temps. The thermal paste gets dry and old over time and loses its conductivity.

Before you do the above just check and make sure the card isnt all covered with dust. Dust is a really good insulator and will bump a card up a good few degrees very quickly.
remove your card and inspect it. If it is covered in dust then CAREFULLY clean it with some compressed air or jsut a good blow and a soft cloth. Dont get it wet. Personally I blow then Vac mine but you have to be carefull with the Vac.

If thats not the issue then go for the thermal paste.

Mactronix :)

Solution
Also check the fan % it is running at -- could just need to adjust the fan speed settings so that it runs a bit faster at idle to keep the temp down. Some manufacturers are more concerned with the noise level at idle than the temp the card is running so will have default settings at very low fan speed to avoid noise !

Status
Not open for further replies.