Sign in with
Your question

Bad performance with 6950

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 8, 2011 3:22:16 PM

Hi everyone,
My computer:
Gigabyte (890GX)
AMD Phenom II X6 1090 (3.2Ghz OC to 4.047 Ghz)
Gigabyte HD 6950 (2GB)
kingston 4X2GB 2000Mhz.

In 3DMark Vantage I got GPU=15390 and CPU=20503
I used standard Benchmark without changing any thing.

Thanks

More about : bad performance 6950

a c 130 U Graphics card
February 8, 2011 3:24:26 PM

ahw said:
Hi everyone,
My computer:
Gigabyte (890GX)
AMD Phenom II X6 1090 (3.2Ghz OC to 4.047 Ghz)
Gigabyte HD 6950 (2GB)
kingston 4X2GB 2000Mhz.

In 3DMark Vantage I got GPU=15390 and CPU=20503
I used standard Benchmark without changing any thing.

Thanks

Thats just synthetics dosent mean a thing hows your gaming performance ? thats what matters.

Mactronix
February 8, 2011 3:32:03 PM

mactronix said:
Thats just synthetics dosent mean a thing hows your gaming performance ? thats what matters.

Mactronix

Thanks a lot

Actually am doing sort of Benchmarking for some graphic cards as to post it on my site. I have to be fair in showing which card is better. I tested it on my PC, I liked it. But we have some challenging with some other users in that forum.

Thanks again
Related resources
a c 130 U Graphics card
February 8, 2011 3:48:16 PM

You should also be aware that according to some the test is Biased towards Nvidia cards as it uses the PhysX capabilities of the Nvidia cards to inflate the CPU scores. This makes ATI based systems seem worse than they actually are.

Mactronix :) 

February 8, 2011 3:58:28 PM

Thanks again Mactronix. I'av compared the result I got with other Website, I founded that HD6950 scored higher than my own, maybe 3000 Points more, about 20% more ..
February 8, 2011 6:23:40 PM

Is the Phenom II X6 1090T considered as Bottlenick
a c 141 U Graphics card
February 9, 2011 8:08:35 AM

i don't think your processor will bottleneck your card. does the score you found have same clocks with your 6950? or did they flash the card into 6970?
February 9, 2011 9:57:01 AM

The x6 isn't a bottleneck, my Phenom ii x2 555 would barely be a bottleneck.
February 9, 2011 11:46:36 AM

ahw said:
Thanks a lot

Actually am doing sort of Benchmarking for some graphic cards as to post it on my site. I have to be fair in showing which card is better. I tested it on my PC, I liked it. But we have some challenging with some other users in that forum.

Thanks again

A AMD card underperformed? Go figure should have went with Nvidia. I kid of course :lol: 

As mentioned before some synthetics benchmarks give a Nvidia bias so that could be the problem.
In this case these benchmarks themselves could be considered unfair to use as a comparison between cards.
This is of course assuming that this is indeed the problem but it certainly sounds like it.

Since your doing a form of benchmark review on the card compared to others I assume its either to make a point.
Or perhaps to be helpful to those looking to buy at this time. (maybe both)
Either way synthetics benchmarks really aren't the way to go anymore nor do these numbers mean one card
will always beat another. My advice is to compare gaming performance its the only way your going to get
any sort of meaningful results to both people and to show actual superiority between cards.
February 11, 2011 12:42:06 PM

renz496 said:
i don't think your processor will bottleneck your card. does the score you found have same clocks with your 6950? or did they flash the card into 6970?

Yeah It is same.

Thanks.
February 11, 2011 12:43:58 PM

NuclearShadow said:
A AMD card underperformed? Go figure should have went with Nvidia. I kid of course :lol: 

As mentioned before some synthetics benchmarks give a Nvidia bias so that could be the problem.
In this case these benchmarks themselves could be considered unfair to use as a comparison between cards.
This is of course assuming that this is indeed the problem but it certainly sounds like it.

Since your doing a form of benchmark review on the card compared to others I assume its either to make a point.
Or perhaps to be helpful to those looking to buy at this time. (maybe both)
Either way synthetics benchmarks really aren't the way to go anymore nor do these numbers mean one card
will always beat another. My advice is to compare gaming performance its the only way your going to get
any sort of meaningful results to both people and to show actual superiority between cards.

I like your Idea. Thanks a lot.
!