afflicto

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
I'm gonna put together a triple 24# monitor workstation\gaming rig Setup.
I'm looking to do alot of modding and painting to make it look nice and have some nice neat features like cooling, lighting and stuff like that :bounce:

Features needed:
*Very big, for a triple-monitor (24# widescreen) setup.
*Shelves
*Lights in the roof of the shelves
*Fans in the roof of the shelves
*A Control panel with switches for Fans and Lights
*I really need a solution to keeping my coffee warm! I hate cold coffee, unless its Tine IsKaffe though :ange:
*I also need a solution to keep my snus cold (snus = smokeless tobbaco that you put under the lip, avaiable in scandinavia and canada).

So yeah, I can design this in 3D Studio max or something but I need some help and some suggestions as to how this could be done.
I guess having a powersupply and buying fans with LED Lights etc.
I have very little knowledge so yeah.. enlighten me! :)

For Beer and Snus I reckon building a minifridge into the base unit is your best option, and for keeping coffee warm how about building something like http://www.amazon.co.uk/usb-cup-mug-warmer-Electronics-Photo/s?ie=UTF8&keywords=usb%20cup%20mug%20warmer&rh=n%3A560798%2Ck%3Ausb%20cup%20mug%20warmer&page=1 maybe strip it down and flushmount it in the desk top?
I'd look at building the desk/case first and treat it as a longterm project, open to modding as you go along.
I'd also have the lighting and power for the deskfans all off a seperate transformer and controller.
Moto

One of my best friends in college 30 years ago designed and built a massive "desk" with bolted-on shelf sections, and lids that concealed computer components built into the desk. Not so much for its size as apparently for his obsession over it, it became known as "Moby Desk." I think he still has it. I will ask him if he saved plans for it.

Edit: Email sent; I'll let you know if he has the plans, or maybe some photos.