Sign in with
Your question

Hd 4650 won't post

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 8, 2011 5:24:03 PM

Hi Everybody
Need a little help please i have a gigabyte G41M-ES2L motherboard with a radeon HD4350 graphics card in, All works fine i decided to up grade my card to a radeon HD4650 almost identical card just higher up the range, so thought it would be simple just swap them out. BUT ! when i put the new card theirs nothing just a blank screen it doesn't even post. I have checked the card in another machine and it works fine. I don't understand why it won't work in my pc. I have seen online people with the same board as me using a Radeon HD4650 card.

Any input or help would be great

Thanks
P.s i have a 500W power supply so idon't think it is a lack of power

More about : 4650 post

a c 144 U Graphics card
February 9, 2011 7:25:39 AM

what is your PSU brand?
a c 153 U Graphics card
February 9, 2011 7:46:23 AM

Could be a lack of power, it depends on the model number of the PSU. We can then look into the specs of it.
Related resources
February 10, 2011 7:30:13 PM

Giff1711 said:
Hi Everybody
Need a little help please i have a gigabyte G41M-ES2L motherboard with a radeon HD4350 graphics card in, All works fine i decided to up grade my card to a radeon HD4650 almost identical card just higher up the range, so thought it would be simple just swap them out. BUT ! when i put the new card theirs nothing just a blank screen it doesn't even post. I have checked the card in another machine and it works fine. I don't understand why it won't work in my pc. I have seen online people with the same board as me using a Radeon HD4650 card.

Any input or help would be great

Thanks
P.s i have a 500W power supply so idon't think it is a lack of power

It's just some generic type that came with case don't know brand but in the other machine that the card works in, as a jentech 300W thats why i think its not a power issue.
February 10, 2011 7:32:36 PM

Helltech said:
Could be a lack of power, it depends on the model number of the PSU. We can then look into the specs of it.

It's just some generic type that came with case don't know brand but in the other machine that the card works in, as a jentech 300W thats why i think its not a power issue.
February 10, 2011 7:33:00 PM

renz496 said:
what is your PSU brand?

!