3 beeps, wont boot and no display.

iBullet1001

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
I've got a rough situation with my computer and there's always Faq's or what to do's when your pc dies on this site and since I've tried everything I can think of or have read I have decided to make a topic about it asking the good people of toms hardware.

Intro;

For a while my computer was always overheating, the fans were churning, just really loud and over the top annoying, I knew it was the PSU fan and I would clean it out on occasion. One day while playing on a video game, the pc was going crazy and froze a bit here and then then suddenly completely shut off. Nothing would work so I took it in the computer store, Apparently both the cpu and mobo blew up together, the tech person didn't mention anything to do with the PSU though, so I thought maybe it was the mobo and cpu making everything wrong. It was replaced with the same brand/type.

Motherboard Details.
Gigabyte GA-G41M-combo

After this I thought my computer would be new-ish and run fine like it used to before these issues, previously I could play most games on ultra, BF3 on high.

Same issues where my fps in-game would constantly drop from 40 to 10-15 no matter what I was doing, constant slowness, browser slowness, just SLOW.

I learnt to live with it up until one day yet again my computer just completely shut up and was showing no signs of power, which was about a week prior to making this topic. I tried all that I could, tried new power cords and everything but to no avail so I looked it up on my laptop and it appeared that my PSU was dead. So I spent 90dollars on a psu that would work with my system, my computer turned on.. I took it into my room and plugged up the monitor, it would not show any screen or display. I turned it off and moved the psu cables around thinking I had wrongly connected the cables to the Graphics card (it doesn't actually connect to the graphics card) this was not working so I, thinking I had reput my ram in the wrong slots, put my ddr2 ram into the DDr3 slots and turned it on, this caused smoke to come up, just a small ball of it. I turned it off and took out the ram just incase and now whenever I turn it on it will beep 3 times, not 1 long two short, but just beep beep beep, all at same speed. Apparently it's a 64k ram/memory issue. The beeping is coming from around the mobo/graphics card, it sounds like the graphics card but i cannot be 100%.

I tried putting my mates DDr3 ram into the DDr3 slots and it still made the beeping noises, so I don't know if it's the ram, I've properly fastened the ram, I don't think i've bent the slots or damaged them.

I also tried his harddrive and random things the net told me to.
It will cost quite a bit of money just for the local tech to look at it and tell me he's going to have to charge me a million dollars to fix it (may be an exaggeration)

So mr. tomshardware kind people, please respond and guide/inform me what I've done and how it if possible can be fixed, I'd be happy to tell you any information requested. I cannot turn it on but I know most of the info.

Windows 7 32-bit 4gb ram 2.50gz dual core.
Gigabyte GA-G41M-combo Motherboard
Ati radeon 5500 - Old yes I know, planning on upgrading.

Do not bump posts. Is late, but people probably think you're trolling.

Motherboards and CPUs do not go out together unless the PSU takes them out. The tech would know this.
You knew the PSU had already taken out one board and CPU so obviously replacing the PSU after its done it again isn't going to help. They are already fried.
It is impossible to put DDR2 in a DDR3 slot like you said you did.

If by some miracle you are not trolling you obviously need the tech guy to sort out which.parts are fried and which aren't. You're probably better off just building a new system.

iBullet1001

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012

Never was my intention to sound like I was "trolling" This is serious and I guess the tech didn't decide to switch the PSU, this really sucks and I guess i'll take it to the shop tomorrow.

also, I bumped my post as my last one just magically disappeared a few pages back.