EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1536 MB for 180$???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

asiff6000fx

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
hi guys i recently came across www.alibaba.com and a chines company offered me EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1536 MB GDDR5 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card for just 180$ with the shipment well i was shocked at fist but i am afraid to go for the deal becus u know the actual card in the EVGA website it self is rated at $499.99

wht do you guys think about this is the card is it a good quality one or just a cheep chines made because the price for the card in EVGA website is 480$ and the price that Chinese company offered me is 180$

Link for the 180$ EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1536 MB GDDR5 PCI-Express 2.0

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/414498708/EVGA_GeForce_GTX_580_1536_MB.html

Link for the same card price at $499.99 in EVGA website

http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=015-P3-1580-AR&family=GeForce%20500%20Series%20Family&sw=

he say the card is n good quality and brand new with 1 year warranty i asked him how come you can give it for cheep he say in deference country its deference price

please guys i relay need your suggestion and guidelines to wither go for this 180$ deal or not please let me know what u guys think i don't want to lose my money one crap card hope u understand

Thanks

Solution
Screams of fraud to me, I expect you'd pay for the card and never receive it. No way someone can sell a brand new GTX580 for $180 and stay in business...The prices aren't that cheap in China.
when its too good to be true... it usually is, I wouldn't bother unless you want to donate $180 to some Chinese guy's pee pee in your coke fund, there is no way they woudl be able to sell the 580 this cheap and make a profit, unless of coarse it is stolen, I would avoid it and buy from a reputable source such as newegg

cd1

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
Having extensive experience in China and being aware of manufacturer's business practices, there are three likely possibilities:

1. The card is real; a surplus item being sold through secondary and/or illegit resellers
2. The card is an unauthorized/pirated copy based off the EVGA card.
3. It is a scam.

joshua07

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
A part of me would like to say "Sounds good. Try it out, then let me know if it is real ASAP so I can get one too". But I seriously doubt it's legit. Probably got you excited for a lil bit though didnt it.

vainta

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
i chuckled when i saw

FOB Price: Get Latest Price
^^^^ hahaha

Payment Terms: T/T,Western Union

both are wire transfer money technique. Meaning no paper trail if you get your item.

asiff6000fx

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
u guys are right thanks a lot mates so its looks like a scam:p u know some thing he send me an invoice too:p thank god i dint pay that y i felt like want to ask u guys what u think about this deal u guys saved my money thanks again for all of u for your time and kind replays

is there any way we can report this to EVGA so they might get some actions to prevent this

thanks again for all of u:)

theboostmaster

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
Isn't there a way you can escrow the money like using paypal or something to where he doesn't get the money from the company like paypal until you receive the item and confirm its legit? Im not sure if they offer that system but it sounds like looking into if they do or maybe some other company can do something like that for ya. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.