Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Hello everyone! Hope your doin fine!

So, am a little bored of my current system:
*GA-MA790X-DS4
*Phenom 9850 BE
*Corsair Dominator 4 GB 1066 Mhz
*PNY 8800GTX

Sure it was nice when I bought it, but i can't play the new games on max wich makes me very sad :cry: .
So iv'e looked into a new sys and I would like to know pros, cons, tips n trix. I have to be honest right away, I havn't really followed the market in a while so I'am kinda rusty. This will be a budget sys. Anyways here's what I came up with.
*ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3
*Corsair Vengeance™ DDR3 1600MHz 8GB
*Fractal Design Newton R2 1000W PSU
*i5-2500K
*XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5
*Fractal Design Define XL Black Pearl

So things I want to know then, will everything work together? Is this a fucked up system and if so what do you want me to change. And is there any kind of overclocking potential?

I really appreciate you all who answer!!
Have a nice day!

nd_hunter

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
Why do you want a 1000w PSU? A 750w will power 6950s in Crossfire. Go with Corsair or XFX. Pick out an aftermarket CPU cooler that will work with the tall heatspreaders on the Vengeance memory if you want to OC more than low-4s. Also, look at this thread for how to ask for help.

helgish

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Ok then i'll change to a 750w.
Aaah cooling yes I forgott to tell you, I have a watercooling system for the cpu already here at home. So i think that'll do :)

Btw I am really really sorry that I asked you guys for help in the wrong way, I will do better next time I promise. Is the cpu and gpu and mobo strong enough to run heavy games? Will I be able to play new FPS's on max? This is really important for me, ofc I can always wait for something better but when that better thing comes I could always wait a little bit more for something even better correct? So will this do :) Is it future safe? haha :)

nd_hunter

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
The new Battlefield might tax the 6950, but you can always add another. And who knows? I haven't heard any scuttle on how much GPU horsepower is needed. It should run all current games on 1080p max settings. You can also unlock that card to a 6970 by flashing the BIOS. Or you can run a modded BIOS that unlocks the shaders and then OC it to 6970 specs.

TRENDING THREADS