DVI Question

slvryaris

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2011
Hello again everyone. I got my XFX HD 5770 in the mail yesterday and hooked it up without a problem and I had a question about DVI connections. The DVI connection in the back of my monitor is a DVI-D and noticed that on the graphics card it is a DVI-I from what I could tell. If I buy a DVI-D cable would this work with both male ends or are they a completely different connection all together? They both appear to be the Dual link. Thanks for any info.

Here is a BS Wikipedia page for reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

jprahman

Distinguished
May 17, 2010

yes, a DVI-D cable will work.

slvryaris

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2011
Thanks for the quick reply. I also forgot to ask if I am using the VGA connector on the monitor and using the DVi to VGA adapter would I see a big improvement on going to all DVI? I have a DVI and VGA connection on my monitor but I am just using th standard VGA right now.

slvryaris

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2011
1440X900 right now. Not for sure what to run the refresh rate on. I got it set at 120hz. for right now. Waiting on my BF BC2. I got it on xbox 360 and ordered it for PC. Got my Razer Death Adder today also. If anyone is thinking of getting this mouse you seriously need to get it. Tiger Direct had it for $48 shipped. IT IS AMAZING !!