Which motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tygasp

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
Hi, i'm working on building a computer and I was looking at two boards, a EVGA and a ASrock for gaming. The ASrock has compatibility for PCI 3.0 but I don't know if its worth it for the extra $20. I was thinking of doing crossfire or SLI but no more than dual on either board would work for that, and they have the same memory standard, even though the EVGA has only half the memory support I would never use more than 16gb, so thats not a problem either. So my thinking is that the EVGA would be just as good as the ASrock because in a few years when I go to buy a better processor (ivy bridge) I'll need to get a better board anyway because everything will have changed. But I could be wrong. So which one of the board would be better for what I'm doing? Also if there are any other boards that you can think of please tell me.

ASrock
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-RSSDailyDeals-_-na-_-na&AID=10521304&PID=4176827&SID=v87bxxt2acw3

EVGA
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188097&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-RSSDailyDeals-_-na-_-na&AID=10521304&PID=4176827&SID=1726djydx0ho0

Also do either of the brands have a better reputation, and are either of the boards odd sizes that don't fit that well in certain cases? Thanks.

Solution
EVGA is always a little behind on features and a little high on price.. (on the MoBO) They are a kick-arse Graffics card manufacturer thou.

that ASrock board is getting good reviews and is in fact the one I'm planning to buy here soon.

AlderonnX

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
EVGA is always a little behind on features and a little high on price.. (on the MoBO) They are a kick-arse Graffics card manufacturer thou.

that ASrock board is getting good reviews and is in fact the one I'm planning to buy here soon.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.