Repair Missing Capacitor On Refurb 8800GT

joshua07

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
LONG VERSION: Ok, I already have an ASUS 8800GT 512MB card. Once worked great, now i'd say "good". Needing a little more performance for newer games, I bought another one for fairly cheap to run in SLI. Well, it was cheap because it was refurbished. After I realized the card just wouldnt work, contacted retailer for rma. Lost the box before shipping, found six months later, cannot rma. Figured I would try again. Still no avail. Suddenly noticed a capacitor is completely missing/torn off.

SHORT VERSION: I have identified the exact capacitor I need to find (the one next to the missing one), just dont know where or how to find similar one to work. I cannot figure out the codes labeled on it. I understand it is 16 volt, but dont know the farad value. Can anyone look at the markings on the capacitor and tell me what capacitor may work here?

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2079/img9897copy.jpg

If anyone needs more pics, let me know. It's no prob.

More info: Card would initially boot to windows 7 login screen and fail. If booting into safe mode, it works. I am amazed it worked, or lack of, this much with a capacitor completely missing.

TIA...