how to add feature ( D3DDEVCAPS_HWTRANSFORMANDLIGHT )

how to add feature ( D3DDEVCAPS_HWTRANSFORMANDLIGHT ) if not supported by card
8 answers Last reply
More about feature d3ddevcaps_hwtransformandlight
  1. how to add feature ( D3DDEVCAPS_HWTRANSFORMANDLIGHT ) if not supported by card?
  2. Hardware Transformation and Lighting is DirectX. You need a graphics card that supports DirectX.
  3. you cannot add the feature into your card. the only way to have it is to replace the card with the newer one which can support the feature
  4. Hardware T&L has been around for a long time. If your GPU doesn't support it, its seriously time not just for a new card but a new computer as well.
  5. Actually DXRick I'm pretty sure Hardware T&L was added with DX7. There are many older cards that support DX5 or 6, but if they don't support the DX level that requires HW T&L, its not going to work.

I've already told him this is his other thread. I said if his GPU doesn't support this, its time for a new system. If he is using something so old it doesn't support HW T&L, even adding a new video card will be a waste.
  6. 4745454b said:
    Actually DXRick I'm pretty sure Hardware T&L was added with DX7. There are many older cards that support DX5 or 6, but if they don't support the DX level that requires HW T&L, its not going to work.

I've already told him this is his other thread. I said if his GPU doesn't support this, its time for a new system. If he is using something so old it doesn't support HW T&L, even adding a new video card will be a waste.

Yea. I saw that flag when I learned DirectX 9. If OFF, it means that DirectX would have to operate in software mode (no hardware acceleration). The OP does not say what his/her system is. Why do they reference this flag instead of asking why GPU doesn't support DirectX ??.?? ? It could be a laptop or desktop using some IGP solution that does not support DirectX. We need more info to determine what he/she can do.
  7. This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
    Graphic problem
  8. zeeshan_59 said:
    how to add feature ( D3DDEVCAPS_HWTRANSFORMANDLIGHT ) if not supported by card
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics