Sign in with
Your question

how to add feature ( D3DDEVCAPS_HWTRANSFORMANDLIGHT )

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 9, 2011 5:44:09 AM

how to add feature ( D3DDEVCAPS_HWTRANSFORMANDLIGHT ) if not supported by card
February 9, 2011 5:49:19 AM

how to add feature ( D3DDEVCAPS_HWTRANSFORMANDLIGHT ) if not supported by card?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 9, 2011 6:50:32 AM

Hardware Transformation and Lighting is DirectX. You need a graphics card that supports DirectX.
m
l
Related resources
a c 144 U Graphics card
February 9, 2011 7:34:34 AM

you cannot add the feature into your card. the only way to have it is to replace the card with the newer one which can support the feature
m
l
a c 171 U Graphics card
February 9, 2011 12:29:32 PM

Hardware T&L has been around for a long time. If your GPU doesn't support it, its seriously time not just for a new card but a new computer as well.
m
l
a c 171 U Graphics card
February 9, 2011 3:04:28 PM

Actually DXRick I'm pretty sure Hardware T&L was added with DX7. There are many older cards that support DX5 or 6, but if they don't support the DX level that requires HW T&L, its not going to work.

I've already told him this is his other thread. I said if his GPU doesn't support this, its time for a new system. If he is using something so old it doesn't support HW T&L, even adding a new video card will be a waste.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 9, 2011 3:32:24 PM

4745454b said:
Actually DXRick I'm pretty sure Hardware T&L was added with DX7. There are many older cards that support DX5 or 6, but if they don't support the DX level that requires HW T&L, its not going to work.

I've already told him this is his other thread. I said if his GPU doesn't support this, its time for a new system. If he is using something so old it doesn't support HW T&L, even adding a new video card will be a waste.

Yea. I saw that flag when I learned DirectX 9. If OFF, it means that DirectX would have to operate in software mode (no hardware acceleration). The OP does not say what his/her system is. Why do they reference this flag instead of asking why GPU doesn't support DirectX ??.?? ? It could be a laptop or desktop using some IGP solution that does not support DirectX. We need more info to determine what he/she can do.
m
l
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 9, 2011 4:17:05 PM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • Graphic problem
    m
    l
    January 5, 2013 2:08:35 AM

zeeshan_59 said:
    how to add feature ( D3DDEVCAPS_HWTRANSFORMANDLIGHT ) if not supported by card

m
    l
    !