Acer Aspire 5750G

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayatoo

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Greetings. I'm planning on buying a good and affordable gaming laptop and it seems like the Acer Aspire 5750G-2634G64 (Black) is the best for it's price. It's BND1.3k here (about USD1k) and the specs are pretty good compared to the rest I've seen around here. Here are the specs:

Processor: Intel Quad Core, Intel Core i7 2630QM
Hard Disk Drive: up to 640GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M with NVIDIA Optimus technology
Operating System: Windows 7
Display: 15.6-inch LED Backlit
Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768 resolution
Memory: 4GB/6GB
Optical Drive: DVD RW
Wireless LAN: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
Other Connectivity: EThernet LAN , Bluetooth , Acer Clear.fi
Video chat:Webcam , Microphone
Dolby Advanced Audio v2 virtual surround sound
HDMI port
USB ports
Multi-in-One media card reader
Acer Clera.Fi

I can't find much details about this laptop around the internet, most likely because it's 'new'. I was wondering if the graphics card is MXM (can be updated). Also, feel free to suggest better laptops that are in the same price range. Thank you :)

mauricemiao

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009

Hi dayatoo,

I came across your thread and just wanted to let you know on additional info relating to your interest on this model:-

http://www.acer.com.my/acer/news_detail.do?LanguageISOCtxParam=en&sp=page13&ctx2.c2att1=177&kcond9.c2att193=27997&CountryISOCtxParam=MY&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=363183998

http://www.intel.com/consumer/products/processors/chipset.htm?iid=en_US_01_chipset+gg_headline

http://www.facebook.com/AcerMalaysia?v=wall&filter=1&_fb_noscript=1

Take care. :)

dayatoo

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009

Oh my, no wonder I can't find more details. Hmm, should I still go for it though? How serious is the issue?

dayatoo

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Thanks for the help :D Looks like there's already a solution from Intel.

One last question, does anyone know if the graphics card is MXM? I want to upgrade it with the GTX 460M. Is that possible?

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/NEW-1-5GB-Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-460M-Video-card-/110634949961#ht_757wt_1139

The price of items in my country are insanely overpriced. Literally, this the only decent laptop with a reasonable price tag here. I'd buy the ASUS G53J (has GTX 460M) but they sell it twice the price here!

bds13

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Hello there. I've been a long time reader here and I've signed up just to help you. I'm guessing you're from Brunei? Would you mind telling me what will you be using the laptop for? That way people can people can evaluate if this laptop is good enoug for you.

Anyway, this laptop is a really good deal. For ~$1300 you're getting more than what you've bargained for. The Intel Core i7 is based on the Sandy Bridge architecture, which, from the benchmarks, is reasonably powerful for the CPU's price.

As for the GPU, I can say that you could play Crysis on High settings with it's native resolution, but I'm not sure if it's swappable.

Forgive me if there's any mistakes I've made. Like I said, first post.

dayatoo

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Yes I am from Brunei. This will be my first laptop and I'll be using it for school work and gaming. The size and weight of this laptop is reasonable enough for me. I have decided to get this laptop :) unless the new 4750G comes out which has the same specs but it's lighter and smaller (14 inch) :p I also found out it's not swappable unfortunately. I hope the resell value won't be too bad once I need an upgrade :D

AJG

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
I have an Aspire 5750G and it is a brilliant machine... I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

The only issue i have found is that, apart from the Nvidia 1Gb Graphics card, there is also an Intel HD interated (with MB) chip, which it (atleast mine) is setup to use by default - and I am still figuring out how to change that (although I do not game on it, so is not critical)]]

Status
Not open for further replies.