home budget windows laptop recommendation

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
April 29, 2005 4:26:41 AM

I'm looking for a recommendation for a budget Windows laptop primarily
for home use.

What I care about:
- Large screen
- PC / Windows based (have some Windows apps I want to run...)
- Sturdy/Reliable - e.g., will last a while (I'd prefer a more
well-known brand that offers some initial warranty, and maybe some
initial support...)
- Price! (i'm willing to pay up to $1000-1200, but would prefer to be
as far below that... i might be willing to pay extra for any cool
features like a DVD-RW or something)

What I don't care about:
- weight (this is for home use, so i don't plan to lug this around; i'm
willing to sacrifice weight if it means a lower price).
- battery life (again, since i'm using this at home, i have plenty of
outlets nearby)

What might be nice:
- built in 802.11b wireless card (tho' really not such a big deal since
i have an extra external wireless card i can use anyway...)

Any suggestions, deals, links, pointers, etc., would be much
appreciated! Thx for help in advance!
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 29, 2005 1:33:03 PM

Pokernicus wrote:
> I'm looking for a recommendation for a budget Windows laptop primarily
> for home use.
>
> What I care about:
> - Large screen
> - PC / Windows based (have some Windows apps I want to run...)
> - Sturdy/Reliable - e.g., will last a while (I'd prefer a more
> well-known brand that offers some initial warranty, and maybe some
> initial support...)
> - Price! (i'm willing to pay up to $1000-1200, but would prefer to be
> as far below that... i might be willing to pay extra for any cool
> features like a DVD-RW or something)
>
> What I don't care about:
> - weight (this is for home use, so i don't plan to lug this around;
> i'm willing to sacrifice weight if it means a lower price).
> - battery life (again, since i'm using this at home, i have plenty of
> outlets nearby)
>
> What might be nice:
> - built in 802.11b wireless card (tho' really not such a big deal
> since i have an extra external wireless card i can use anyway...)
>
> Any suggestions, deals, links, pointers, etc., would be much
> appreciated! Thx for help in advance!

Monitor Dell and techbargains.com Dell often has substantial short-term
discounts on Inspirons.

April 29, 2005 4:40:12 PM

look at the dell 6000 series, just got a flyer from dell, 999.00
and it has the wide screen.

!