Input not supported when using VGA splitter

smaobrien

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
Hello, I am trying to figure out this issue that just started occurring about 2 weeks ago. I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre computer that uses an Intel G33/G31 graphics card. For the last year, this computer has displayed fine by using a VGA splitter to display the computer on both a LCD monitor and a ceiling mounted projector (this computer is in school). Then one morning, the user got the message "input not supported" on both the lcd monitor and an "out of range input" on the projector display. Yet, when I disconnect the VGA splitter and connect the monitor directly to the computer, the display works fine. I have replaced the VGA cords and the splitter with the same results. I have adjusted the resolution with the same results. I'm at a complete loss now as to what else I can try. Do you think the video card has gone bad? Any help would be appreciated.

smaobrien

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
I have tried updating drivers. When I look at the display adapter using device manager, it says driver is updated and I even check to see if there is a newer version and the automatic update says it's the latest version.

We are using Windows 7 32-bit.

Thanks!

smaobrien

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I tried updated the latest version of video driver from Intel but still no luck. The video card will not display on dual displays when using a VGA splitter. I even hooked the tower into another room with the same set-up to see if would do the same thing and it did, so I know there's some driver or hardware issue with this particular computer. But I'm at a complete loss. Any help would be most appreciated.