Will my setup bottleneck the GTX 560 ti ?

machielste

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Hello im getting an asus gtx 560 ti , will this setup bottleneck the card ?

1 : I play at 1280 by 1024
2 : My setup now is : Core 2 quad q8200 2,3 ghz , Nvidia gt220 , some sad 260 watt PSU , 4gb ddr2 ram , 32 bit windows vista home premium.

Im upgrading the psu for a Be Quit Dark power pro 87% 650 watts

Dougx1317

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
Your CPU might bottleneck it some, but you should have no trouble at that resolution with most games. If you could overclock the CPU a little, it would certainly help. What games do you want to play on it?

machielste

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
the cod series , mostly cod 4 , and alot of random fps games , BTW i cant overlock my cpu , my mobo does not like that at all .

but im looking into trying crysis , cus of the card bein fast and all

And maybe i will upgrade for an i5 2500 and some ddr3 with a new mobo , once i have enuf cash for that , would that be a good choice

And im looking into hd monitors aswell , but i know a 5770 and a dual core can max out cod 4 at Hd 60 fps , so i know im good with that

Dougx1317

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
You could get the card now with the intent to upgrade your processor in the near future. That would be a pretty good idea. If you're going to upgrade your monitor soon, be sure to use your expected resolution when looking at benchmarks. COD games are not the most intense games. Crysis should work, but it won't be maxed out.

Honestly at that resolution, technically yes you will bottleneck that card. But all I mean by that is that instead of getting 200fps you might only get 150. Obviously that's significantly more than necessary and I would advice using Vsync liberally.

If you upgrade to a 1920x1080 monitor with that set up it'll run great.

Also I've never heard of that PSU... not sure that I would trust it. Usually it's a good idea to stick to brands like Corsair, Antec, CoolMaster, OCZ. A bad PSU can kill the entire system.

Other than that, I think a future CPU upgrade would be great since apparently you can't overclock this one. There's not much point buy a faster 775 socket CPU, because they are nearly as expensive as new ones.

TRENDING THREADS