Cheap board and case for Phenom II X4 965

jsava0918

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
Hello, first time here, thank you reading and hopefully answering. Computer died leaving me little means to research on my own, so I'm asking here.

Building my first system to save money, my only requirement is cheap and capable of playing Civ5 at max settings.

The motherboard, power unit, and the case are the pieces of the system I'm unsure about.
The chip I plan to get is a Phenom II X4 965, so what is the cheapest decent motherboard, case, and power supply that would work with this? Any general or specific info would be really appreciated. I would like it to have HDMI out as well.

Btw, I'm living in Japan so my mobo choices are limited to makers like Gigabyte, ASrock, Asus, Asustek, MSI.
Cases, about the same, including, Antec, Coolermaster, any other big brands.

I'll probably be using a RADEON HD 6870 1GB PCI-Express(x16). I know this may be overkill, but I found a decent deal on a used one. Same with the chip.

Thanks again. Btw, I hate being a newb.

Mobo: ASRock 870 Extreme3. There is no other good option that's cheap.

Case: I'd check out the Antec 300 Illusion and Coolermaster 690. Those are about the only cheap cases from a major brand that are really good. If you can find a Rosewill Destroyer or Challenger (which is very doubtful), those would be cheaper and as good.

PSU: I'm not sure what's available over there, but stick with units from Antec, Corsair, SeaSonic, Silverstone and XFX. I'd go with a 650W. I know over here the XFX 650W is a great deal, but XFX isn't that common abroad.